Menu
Premarital sex and get pregnant
Jun 20, 2007 07:57
  • KENXI
Fragile "spiritual" condition includes a damaged mental condition and damaged reputation. Kind advice and support could restore the individual's strength.
Jun 20, 2007 10:42
  • LIONPOWER
KENXI,
Word 'spiritual' generally used related to religion, God, soul etc
Jun 21, 2007 09:06
  • JABAROOTOO
A lot of negative comments coming from the guys. It takes two to tango and incidently it is the guy who wears the condom, at least that is my understanding. You may correct me if I am wrong!

Have a little sympathy for young girls in a nation where sex is not openly talked about and is quite a shameful thing in some minorities. Married men and women not seven leeping in the same rooms.

'Fragile mental condition' is a very good observation. Somethings happens to women's hormones on a regular basis, pregnant or not but especially when pregnant. So mind and body are affected. when all you are going to get from your parents and even friends is scorn and shameis it any wonder that these girls end up going it alone.

And stand up men. Where are thier partners in crime. They sure didn't get pregnant on thier own.
Jun 21, 2007 09:08
  • JABAROOTOO
Correction

'even sleeping' I have stayed at guesthouse where we were given instructions by our hosts not to share rooms. Of course there sore no couples and had no intention of doing this anyway.
Jun 21, 2007 09:29
  • GRIZ326
In the late 50s and early 60s in the US, only BAD girls got pregnant. Now many American women seem to thing a husband is unnecessary to have a baby. Things have certainly changed here. It appears from this thread that the moral decline is seeping into China.

It is unfortunate that the community shuns the pregnant woman.

In the old days in the US, the young boy would marry his pregnant girlfriend. The community would say, "they had to get married (to save face)." Today, many, many pregnant young women just have an abortion.

I truly believe education is irrelevant in this situation, so long as the boys and girls know "about the birds and the bees" (an American expression for how babies are made). Hormones in both boys and girls drive them to do what nature wants them to do. Education cannot eliminate that natural impulse and it appears cultural and religious values no longer have influence.

Sadly, it sounds very similar to what happened in the United States once the birth control pill, feminism, and drugs emerged as a part of "US culture."
Jun 21, 2007 12:22
  • LIONPOWER
My opinion, to protect the affected girls, make new law in China
or
the criminal and crime to be stopped by present law as present law treating it as crime.
Killing time may emerge the Chinese culture.
Jun 21, 2007 23:20
  • GRIZ326
Law cannot truly control human inclinations.

Cultural or ethical beliefs can provide some measure of control.

Sadly, China may have been infected by capitalism and its ideals. :(

There are pluses and minuses, good and bad, connected with all paths in life.

China must decide the proper path, but "nipping this in the bud" (an expression that means dealing with this now) and mapping a proper course for China is (IMO) important.

Jun 24, 2007 11:41
  • DANCER50
Yes what about the guys they should be responsible too and hopefully they are giving the young women support in whatever decision they come to. And they should be teaching them in the schools about AIDS and other STD's, FASD and the ability to get pregnant even when taking birth control. I do a Pregnancy Outreach Program in Canada and many (easily 1/2 or more) of the women (and girls) attending were using birth control at the time and believed it was enough. Including condoms, the pill, the shot, and the ring. So accidents do happen. In China, do they have the morning-after-pill? In Canada, they are making it easier and easier for women to access and have it in their medicine cabinet just in case of an accident (broken condom) or a foolish mistake (which happens cause we are human and not perfect robots). Then they just take it and don't have to tell anyone because women in Canada were feeling foolish and then just praying they wouldn't get pregnant rather than seeing a doctor and getting the pill (which can be taken up to 72 hours after). It is extremely distressing for women (especially young unmarried) to find themselves unexpectantly pregnant. And you are right with AIDS around everyone should be using condoms. But do they? No, foolish eh? and that is the guy being just as foolish. Lots of young men in Canada insist on condom use now and won't have sex without.
Jun 24, 2007 11:45
some kids in china are to poor to buy condoms lol i wont have sex if i dont have a condom
Jul 2, 2007 01:48
  • CAVEDAVE67
I tend to agree with Jabarootoo
I takes 2 to tango.I think it is both their problem to discuss and decide what to do best for everone.Just as if this happened outside of China.If you play with fire you will probably get burnt.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Premarital sex and get pregnant
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code