Menu
How to get email alerts when my threads have replies?
Jun 20, 2007 13:18
  • BENCE8810
Hi

I am using several forums, and have no time to browse through all of them every day, and that is why I really like the Reply Notifying Email function. Does this forum incorporate such a function, and if so, how can I use it?

Also, are HTML code/tags allowed?

Thanks

Ben
Jun 20, 2007 19:46
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear Ben,
Thanks very much for your attention to our forum. Now we only have a msg alert but we are working for the email alert function. We will try our best to finish it as soon as possible.

Besides, HTML code/tags are not allowed in our forum.

Cheers,
Community Moderators
Jun 21, 2007 00:22
  • BENCE8810
Dear Christine,

Thanks for your prompt and polite answer. I will just pay more attention to this forum until the new feature is implemented,

Good luck,

Ben
Jun 27, 2007 07:36
  • BENCE8810
Dear Christine,

Just posted a new thread, and I see the option for Email alerts. I clicked it, hoping to see the alert email in my inbox. Great feature.

Thanks
Ben

p.s. Is there a way to set it for already running threads, or threads I only reply to?
Jun 27, 2007 20:10
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear Ben,

Please tell us whether you get your email alert or not. If there are anything wrong, we will correct it as soon as possible. I'm sorry that you can only use this alert when starting a NEW thread now. We will try to meet your requirement.

Cheers,
Christine
Jun 28, 2007 00:17
  • BENCE8810
Hi Christine,

Yes, the alert came in, very nice. I didnt expect you to make the change so fast, I am already very happy with the New Thread alert, although the reply-to post alert will be also very nice.

Best regards,
Ben
Jun 28, 2007 20:48
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi Ben,
Thanks for your kind reply to support our work!
Siva : )
Jun 19, 2008 00:53
  • CANADAGUY
>>
p.s. Is there a way to set it for already running threads, or threads I only reply to?<<

Ben made this request about a year ago.
I'm wondering if you are still working on adding this feature?

That is, an e-mail alert when a new message is added to a thread I'm participating in, but haven't started.

Also, will you be adding a feature to turn OFF e-mail notices that have already started?

For example, there are a few threads that I started quite a while ago, and I keep getting e-mails notifying me that someone has replied to the thread. When I check the thread, there are no new replies!

I assume that you have deleted the messages for a particular reason.
But will I be able to remove the e-mail notification?

Either that, or will you be allowing us to change our e-mail address?

TIA

Jun 19, 2008 02:07
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Hi Canadaguy,

Recently, our technicians have been busy with TCG renovations. You see, a lot of changes have taken place in TCG and TCG community. About your request for improving TCG community, our technicians are still working on it. But it is really time consuming because they have other tasks to finish. Thus, please be patient.

"Also, will you be adding a feature to turn OFF e-mail notices that have already started?"

Canadaguy, we have added this feature. Now you can turn off both e-mail and msg notices on your own.

"When I check the thread, there are no new replies!"

Yes, we have deleted the messages because they are irrelated to the topic.

"Either that, or will you be allowing us to change our e-mail address?"

In the future, you will be allowed to change your e-mail address.

Community Moderators

Jun 19, 2008 13:47
  • CANADAGUY
Thanks for all of the great work you are doing on this site!

>> "Also, will you be adding a feature to turn OFF e-mail notices that have already started?"

Canadaguy, we have added this feature. Now you can turn off both e-mail and msg notices on your own.<<

Christine, can you please tell me how I can do this? I have just looked in all the obvious places and can't find it. Thanks!

>>"When I check the thread, there are no new replies!"

Yes, we have deleted the messages because they are irrelated to the topic.<<

And you are very fast indeed! Many times I would get an e-mail notifying me of a new response and I would check the site immediately and the response would be gone!

Jun 19, 2008 19:59
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
"Christine, can you please tell me how I can do this? I have just looked in all the obvious places and can't find it. Thanks!"

Dear ***** :

Your post ( **** ) has been replied by ***** at May 27, 2008 01:34

Please read it Now! http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?i=46551

TravelChinaGuide Community Team

Note: This email is generated automatically by the system, thus please do not reply to this email.

If you don't want to receive this email notice anymore, follow the link to cancel it:
http://community.travelchinaguide.com/a_cancel.asp?u=384342414530424631414434303230384335&t=mail&tid=46551

Hi Canadaguy, this is the email notice that you have receieved. Please have a look at the last short paragraph "If you don't want to receive this email notice anymore, follow the link to cancel it:
http://community.travelchinaguide.com/a_cancel.asp?u=384342414530424631414434303230384335&t=mail&tid=46551". Just click the link to cancel the email notice.

By the way, guest can also cancel the email notice if they chosen email alert when posting the thread.

As for MSG notice:

Dear *****

Your post ( ***** ) has been replied by ***** at May 28, 2008 04:36

Please read it Now!

If you don't want to receive this message notice anymore, click to cancel it.

TravelChinaGuide Community Team

Please click the "click" in this sentence---If you don't want to receive this message notice anymore, click to cancel it. Then the msg notice will be cancelled.

"And you are very fast indeed! Many times I would get an e-mail notifying me of a new response and I would check the site immediately and the response would be gone!"

Canadaguy, this is our job and we don't want our members to get bothered by those those replies.

Community Moderators
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to get email alerts when my threads have replies?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code