Menu
driving in china/ guides
Nov 29, 2004 22:03
  • SIGHSMAIL
Ho there i am planning a trip to China in late January 2005. What is the status of care hire. I want to drive from HK to Guangzhou.
Secondly guides/interpretors, are they freely availble and where do I contact them.
Thanking you
Sigh
Nov 30, 2004 17:24
  • BILLIE
It would take about 3 hours from Hong Kong to Guangzhou.
For more car hire info you can phone The Hong Kong Automobile Association (tel: 2739 5273; fax: 2369 0863;
website: www.fia.com/tourisme/infoclub/hkong.htm) can provide more information.

Or you can take the coach. There are bus and coach links to destinations on the Chinese mainland. Citybus (tel: 2736 3888) and CTS (tel: 2853 3888) offer coach services to Guangzhou and Shenzhen, departing from the China Hong Kong City Terminal, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, and other pick-up points, including the Island Shangri-La Hotel in Admiralty.

Dec 2, 2004 00:05
  • NOEL90
I would not even consider driving myself. The trafic is a comlete mess, the roads are not very good and the priority rules do not excist. In fact there is only one poriority rile; the bigger you are the higher your priority. Use public transportation; much cheaper. Consider what happens if you get involved in an accident. I think too risky business.
Dec 2, 2004 15:32
  • GIONVIA
My name is tiger , 26 years old native chinese boy , currently running my own business in Guangzhou . I know Guangzhou and HK very well ,either sightseeing or business . Would like to be your interpreter-guide then .Contact me for more details at yahoo.com|chinatigerassociate . Cheers !

Post a Reply to: driving in china/ guides
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code