Menu
Tomorrow, where will we go?
Jun 25, 2007 04:02
  • LEOPOLD219
The news says many tourist spots in China has been listed as severely destoryed tour destinations, including Tibet.

Many people start a trip just to witness what they have read on books or watched on TV.

But more and more spots are destoried by commercial atmosphere. The primitive folks have been money-oriented and the natural environment is polluted by rubbish....

How many tourist spots are left to be the most original ones?
So where can we go to find our real dream place in the future?
Jun 25, 2007 04:46
  • GURTY
A geart Pity.
Maybe the area which hasn't been developed. The rural or backward areas which still don't have easy access to the out bustling world.
Jun 25, 2007 04:55
  • LIONPOWER
Banana will be eaten, we will see the cover.
Jun 25, 2007 05:36
  • WINDENERGY
LIONPOWER,

USELESS "JIBBERISH" I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SAY.
Jun 25, 2007 05:55
  • WINDENERGY
LEOPOLD,

A very valid concern. But, when did Chinese people start to become concerned about rubbish? Unfortunately, everywhere I've been, it looks like Chinese people like to garnish their roads and alleys with trash.
To answer your questions, tomorrow I will go back to Kunming. There, there are garbage cans on every street corner and people really use them. Where I live now, a diesel-burning truck with a loud music loudspeaker passes by twice a day to collect the garbage. You can't miss the 'SIREN-LIKE' melody of the trash collectors. But, in China, where there are no roads, there are no trucks, and it seems far too few disposal services.
When I was in LiJiang, the streets were very clean. It seems that Yunnan province, in general, is cleaner than any east coast Chinese city. Once Chinese people start to display their 'pride' and 'love' for your great country, maybe somebody will start caring enough to start a campaign for a cleaner China. Then again, maybe in your culture people don't take the time to consider living 'pollution free'. ?????
Commercial atmospheres can, and does, destroy many areas rich in natural resources. It seems that oil consumption (cars, buses, trucks, boats) are the main destroyers. So, really LEOPOLD, there is nowhere we can go to escape this modern dilemma, not even Mt. Everest. But people who enjoy the wilderness usually take good care to "leave it as you found it" and pack their refuse back with them to a garbage facility.
Once it makes 'economic sense' to keep a pristine environment clean, then the manpower and tools will be put into action to help protect it. But, as Robert Wolf wrote in his classic novel, "You can never go back home".

__WINDENERGY__
Jun 27, 2007 04:23
  • EVENING
But people who enjoy the wilderness usually take good care to "leave it as you found it" and pack their refuse back with them to a garbage facility.

Yes Windenergy, there are those kind guys!

Environment will be friendly to us only when we are friendly to it!
Jun 27, 2007 11:49
  • LIONPOWER
Yes, I think so.
Post a Reply to: Tomorrow, where will we go?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code