Menu
Coming to Xian in March 2005
Nov 29, 2004 23:23
  • MULMANALU
Hello eyerybody. My friend and I will have a "selfmade" round trip China to Shanghai - Beijing - Xian - Yangshuo - Hangzhou - Shanghai. I am doing a six month internship in Fuyang, near Hangzhou. I have checked some hotels and travelarrangements with Chinese colleague's help, but we still can't decide about hotels and planes. Would Bell Tower hotel convenient enough for us? We will be only for 2 days there (tight schedule)- so probably only Belltower + dumplingsdinner (day1) and Terra.warrior on day2. Any suggestions? Thanks beforehands.
Nov 30, 2004 10:32
  • DAISY
Welcome to Xian! You will never feel regretable about your choice of Xian if you stay longer.

Just Bell Tower, dumpling dinner and Terra Cotta Warriors can be finished one day. And I think you needn't visit inside, just look outside from your hotle room will be ok.

The Bell Tower Hotel is centrally located, a few tourist bus lines are nearby so that you can probably manage to use them to a few tourist sites: Big and small goose pagota, Shaanxi history museum (has one of the best selection in China). However returning to hotel from the sites could be challenging. Ask your hotel staff for a business card with your hotel name/phone number in Chinese so that you can show to your taxi driver (same applies to anywhere you go in China). The food was okay. It is a designated tourst hotel, so you will see many toursit groups at meal time.

Hotel has basic facility, you can ask for a room facing the tower (street). It is clean enough.

And the hotel is very near to the famous Muslim Quarter where you can taste many palatable Muslim snacks and Xian local snacks. When you walk to the end of this street while tasting, you will easily find the Great Mosque.

Hope I state clearly for you^_^
Dec 4, 2004 21:39
  • MULMANALU
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY: It helps a lot to arrange my travel itinerary. I hope a two-day stay would be enough to discover your beautiful city (according to the info I've got till now). One more question, is it easy to find the bus that goes from the Airport to the Bell Tower Hotel? Should I look for the Chinese translation for the bus direction BEFORE I go to Xian? Thanks.
Dec 5, 2004 10:58
There will be a direct shuttle between Xian yang Airport and Bell Tower(Or Mei Lun Hotel). MeiLun hotel is next to Bell tower Hotel.
Is it easy for you to get the translation of bus direction? Well I think the Guide book should tell you everything (including which bus you should take). And also you can get information here. As Xi'an oriant webshite, we will be glad to help you.
enjoy your trip anytime!
Post a Reply to: Coming to Xian in March 2005
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code