Menu
3 month visa
Jun 26, 2007 07:11
  • EMMALINAUK
Hi

My partner has been working in China since October and I have a 3 month sabbatical to go and stay with him but I'm confused about the visa I will need.

I have been told that if I get a 90 day visa, I can only stay in the country for a total of 60 days so I will effectively have to leave for a month. Is this correct? Also, I really wanted to do some travelling over there (Hong Kong, Tokyo and I need to come back to the UK for a few days also) but it seems that I can only get a double entry visa.

Does anyone know a way around this? Can I extend my 90 day visa for a month while I am over there (Shanghai)?

Thanks for your help
Emma
Jun 26, 2007 11:06
  • JABAROOTOO
Apply for a visa, stating all you desired intentions and see what you get. If you plan to go to Hong Kong you can also get a new visa while you are there. It is pretty easy.

A ninety day visa gives you 90 days but unless you clearly ask for more you will only be given 60 days which is the norm for a tourist L visa.
Jun 26, 2007 23:03
  • APAULT
Yes, you can usually get a 90 day visa, it is valid for yes, 90 days! If you ask for multiple entry you can exit and return each for 90 days if that is waht was originally granted. In Shanghai, you can get an extension but it might not be for 90 days. The only office is in Pudong (near the exhibition park (???) and then some walk) and the officers speak English. Don't forget to take photos, there is a business on ground floor doing this for you.
Jun 27, 2007 08:23
  • EMMALINAUK
Thank you for your replies - that has put my mind at rest!

Post a Reply to: 3 month visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code