Menu
2 week silk road tour
Jun 26, 2007 10:22
I want to travel to urumqi in early july and then make a 2 week loop of the southern silk road ancient ruins ending in kashgar. dunhuang is also a possibility. i could also be interested in staying with some of the nomadic groups around the various beauty spots in xinjiang (heaven's lake, lake karakul or lake sayram)
i am a british lawyer (and one-time archaeologist), speak fluent chinese and am looking for someone who is interested in getting to see the archaeology and soaking up the historical aspect of the circuit. i hope the trip will be laid back and although we should get to see quite a few of the main sites, we won't be lead by any ridiculously-packed timetable. No 7am starts unless unavoidable. Accomodation will be the cheap part of the trip but once i'm at a site, i wouldn't want to find myself with someone who is on such a tight budget that they'd prefer to walk round the outside than pay to go in. that's about it really, i think it will be good fun so hope someone else is heading that way.
Post a Reply to: 2 week silk road tour
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code