Menu
Xinjiang/Gansu accommodation recommendations
Jun 27, 2007 05:44
  • ELLYSE
Our current route is approximately Xining -- Huatugou -- Charklik (Ruoqiang) -- Hotan -- Karghilik (Yecheng) -- Yarkand (Shache) -- Kashgar -- Karakul -- Tashkurgan -- Kashgar -- Kuqa -- Yining (Sayram Lake) -- Bu'erjin -- Hanas Lake -- Tian Chi -- Urumqi -- Turpan -- Dunhuang -- Lanzhou. We're travelling in the month of July.

Does anyone have any personal recommendations for accommodation in any of these destinations? We could spend up to 200 RMB/night for a twin with ensuite, but of course trying to keep it way below that for most of the time. A standard of 100 RMB/night should be quite sufficient. To clarify, I have LP 2005, LP 2007 as well as Rough Guide 2005, and have looked through them. Guidebooks don't really have ALL the information, so personal recommendations would be very much appreciated. We already have a place to stay in Xining.

If you have the address and phone number that'd be enough, no particular need for email addresses! Thanks in advance. :)
Jun 27, 2007 21:30
  • JKRUPP
There are some beautiful hotels in Xinjiang and Gansu.

I am always looking for the best hotel deal and have recently found a great new site that makes it very easy and quick...

Hotel Price Finder
www.hotelpricefinder.com

It searches over 28 different hotel sites (including HotelClub and AsiaRooms) in one go and then lists them in order of price. You can then click through to book with the hotel site direct.

Hope you find it useful too.
Jun 27, 2007 21:46
  • ELLYSE
I've been looking at a lot of sites and guidebooks, but I was hoping for some personal recommendations.
Thanks though, and I'll also check out the site.
Jun 28, 2007 04:36
  • FAERIEQUEENE
just back from xinjiang, most impressive accommodations are at Kanasi, the rest is just a bed (i was having chronic disturbed sleep all the trip though...)

1. at Jia Dun Yu, Hongfu lake kanas resort

Jun 28, 2007 04:38
  • FAERIEQUEENE
2. wooden houses at Kanasi Shanzhuang, here's the reception building

Jun 28, 2007 04:45
  • FAERIEQUEENE
should have loved to stay with the local families (wooden houses) at He Mu but i got fever on the way...
I see tons of these houses offering accomodations there you should not miss one, and there were not many tourists a few weeks ago

Jul 4, 2007 03:15
  • CHARAK63
There are some interesting places to enroute Gansu & adjoining Matisi, Minle, Obo and finally Zhangye. Though I am yet to visit these, but a very few tourists come there. you can have some local guide from Lanzhou.
All the best, I shall send you some nice photographs of these places soon.
charak63
Jul 4, 2007 07:45
  • ELLYSE
Thanks charak63 but we don't have time to visit those this time round.
Post a Reply to: Xinjiang/Gansu accommodation recommendations
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code