Menu
Money and ATMS
Jun 27, 2007 07:32
  • LUCHIA1728
I will be leaving for China in about a week and have not figured out the best solution for money yet. Any advice on how to carry money? Is it best to take all of the money I will need or should I take out money as I go? Are ATMS easily accessible?
Jun 27, 2007 07:40
  • ROTI888
(Are ATMS easily accessible?) It really depend on which City you go to. I always bring all the money to China, but my advice is NEVER keep in it inside a wallet, dont even bring a wallet!!
Jun 27, 2007 11:23
  • JABAROOTOO
Whay would you need tobring all you rmoney.

If you have an international CIRUS card you can withdraw cash from all around the country using Bank of China ATM's and others
Jun 27, 2007 23:33
  • ZEROCOOL749
It would be foolish to bring all of your money on you in cash. The ATM's are easily available in major cities at the Bank of China. As long as your ATM card is through Visa, Mastercard, or another major company. Be sure to tell your bank that you are traveling as well!

Hope you have a good trip :)
Jun 28, 2007 00:59
  • CAVEDAVE67
As Jabarootoo said i didn't take cash or travellers cheques,i just took my visa card which was international cirus.I went to Beijing and Shenzhen and had no problem using this card with Bank of China ATM'S.I just took money when i needed it and put it in my front pocket in my jeans and had no trouble.If i was standing in a crowd i put my hands in my pockets.I didn't feel as if anybody was going to rob me at all.I felt safe.I even saw a chinese guy counting his money in daylight and nobody even looked at him!But i suppose everyone has there own story to tell,maybe i was just lucky?
Jun 28, 2007 07:45
  • CHINATUCK
I have found ATM'S in small and large ciities. Just check the transaction fee for your bank. I have seen $1.00 and as much as $4.00.
Post a Reply to: Money and ATMS
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code