Menu
advice for december
Nov 30, 2004 04:43
  • FRANCIE
Hello
Two of us are off for our first ever visit to china mid december to end. whistle stop tour of beijing, xian and shanghai.
Any tips on weather in beijing, and local recommendations of food /general chilling out and the same for shanghai!!!
ie what would anyone recommend as a must see , unlikely to be found in average tourist guide??
many thanks,!!!
Nov 30, 2004 09:46
  • ANNA
Beijing is the coldest place among your three destinations. Knowing from the Weather Predict, the temperature riches five degrees of cold(minus five degrees below Zero). You 'd better take as thick and warm cloth as you can. Sweater and feather-padded coat should be taken. As indoor heating is widely available, you will not feel the cold. Please note that the indoor / outdoor temperature difference is rather large. A friend of mine told me about the cold in Beijing as this: when he enters home, he even can feel that the cold shed out of his every skin pore. When he described it, I just can see the white air I just breathed out!!
Dec 1, 2004 10:48
  • DAISY
The Qianmen Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant, established in 1864, is nationally famous for its roast duck, reputed to be China's No.1 delicacy.
Ever since its establishment, the restaurant has kept the traditional method of roasting duck: the duck is hung on a pole over a wood fire until the skin turns golden brown and crisp. Customers can enjoy the special taste of Quanjude duck by covering the slices with sweet paste and green-onion shreds on a soft flatbread.
The Qianmen Quanjude Restaurant also offers duck-shaped pastries and a variety of tempting dishes featuring different parts of the duck, including abalone and duck breast with chili sauce, eel with duck breast in casserole, and stewed mullet egg with duck tongue.
A spacious relaxed setting and superb service will add to your pleasant dining experience at the restaurant.

I'm mouthwatering when writing the above:)
Dec 1, 2004 11:23
  • ANNA
duck

Dec 2, 2004 11:16
  • AUSTIN
BEIJING DA DONG ROAST DUCK is my favourite duck restaurant,whenever my European colleagues come, they ask me to bring them there.
Most of the clients of this restaurant are local and expats who live in China.
They have menu in English with picture, you can order with reference of those pictures.
If you have less people eating together , say for 2 people, you can simply order half duck, there are other plates to choose.
The chef will slice the duck in front of you, it's fun if you can take a picture .
Make sure to reserve the table beforehand, the worst experience for me is almost 1.5 hours in queue waiting for the table!
Post a Reply to: advice for december
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code