Menu
If Unemployed will a 1 month L-Visa in China be denied?
Jun 27, 2007 22:52
  • CHINAUK
I'm working in China now. My Z-Visa finishes soon so I'm returning home (UK). I want to return to China again in about 1 month on a 1 month L-Visa. However, at that time I will be unemployed. I will fly from london to Hong Kong and then get a train to the mainland.

A couple of questions:
1. Will this make is hard to get a Chinese L-Visa in London
2. Is it easier to get an L-Visa in London or Hong Kong?
3. Will it be difficult to fly to HK and/or then travel to China when I don't have a return flight booked back from China mainland/Hong Kong? The reason I will give is because I'm not sure if I want to fly back from Shanghai or Hong Kong.
Jul 1, 2007 01:07
  • APAULT
You should not have any problem obtaining a tourist visa from the UK. They are not interested in yr employment status.

Be aware that you need a new visa the day after the Z visa expires..if you are staying here. You get a 15 day (basically non renewable) tourist L visa.

Flying to HK the issue is the airline...they hate single tickets (except to countries where you have the right to live) in case you are rejected and then they are lible for you and pay a fine. China is no problem. Suggest u check this out.
Jul 3, 2007 06:22
  • CHINAUK
Hi Apault, thanks for that.

You've put my mind at rest about the visa but got me worried about the flight!

The ticket I have is actually a return (just that the return will be going BACK to HK).

Is it still a problem if I say I'm travelling on to mainland China (and I already have quite a few HK stamps in my passport) and I have the L Visa etc?

Has anyone had any experience flying to HK on a single ticket? / anyone have any suggestions? I really would rather not buy a return ticket and limit my travel options.

Thanks.
Jul 3, 2007 07:11
  • CHINAUK
I've just had a look on some web forums and it looks like neither China nor HK require onward or return tickets booked prior to entry. However, some airlines require this to cover their liability.

Does anyone have any advice/experience of flying to HK (or other places on a single ticket) and is a visa for mainland China enough evidence of onward travel? Thanks :-)
Jul 7, 2007 04:27
  • APAULT
I had a resident's permit which allows unlimited entry and departure, but at Heathrow, the chck in clerk was very doubtful. I too wonder how to resolve this as I agree with you that China does not require an onward ticket. I guess an extra issue for the airline is that even if you have a visa u r not guaranteed entry to any country... so if there is no further ticket they have a liability
Jul 9, 2007 14:26
  • MERY
You know from London you can fly Oasis airlines to hong kong and just buy a single ticket : one way or another!
Jul 9, 2007 14:28
  • MERY
Sorry , I forgot : you can then apply for a Chinese Visa in Hongkong ; it's simple and cheap!
Post a Reply to: If Unemployed will a 1 month L-Visa in China be denied?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code