Menu
Where in China Do You Want to Live?
Jun 28, 2007 19:57
  • MAY001
Despiting the house price, where in China do you want to buy a house/apartment and live for the rest of your life?? Big cities such as Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, etc. or small villages and towns?

I personally like a smaller city with sea view.
Jun 28, 2007 20:38
  • CALIFORNIA
I'll go home.

Or Beihai is also in my list:-)
Jun 28, 2007 20:40
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Hongkong :)
Jun 28, 2007 21:51
  • JCNILE123
easy, first choice hainan prov any place near sanya = paradise.

second choice a village near guangzhou, ?.........ok many people from USA like to work on their homes and i'm one of them,

i don't think there is something that i want to make my home more beautiful and not to be found in guangzhou.
Jun 28, 2007 22:00
  • JCNILE123
ups!!!!!!! almost forgot ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,because a village near guangzhou is also near hong kong, everytime i get this yearning

for the west i can go to hong kong,, i love hong kong but just to be there for a week or so.
Jun 29, 2007 03:58
  • WINDENERGY
Where I will be living and teaching for the next year....Kunming!
Jun 30, 2007 01:07
  • MIRANDAZHAO
windenergy, would you like to stay in Kunming for your rest of life? I've never been there but heard that its a pleasant city. Anyway, hope you like the Spring City.

I'd still choose Shanghai. Thought the house price is terrible, I still love this city!
Jul 1, 2007 00:46
  • WINDENERGY
MIRANDAZHAO,

Glad you asked this question. Really I am a "country boy" at heart. Like the American saying goes, "You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy", But, living in China requires that I reside in areas of economic influence. After living in Wuhan for 7 months, when I came to Kunming, I was amazed at how clean it is and how friendly the people here are.
As far as "the rest of my life", I don't think so. I have always wanted to experience Polynesia, particularly Bora Bora and Tahiti and may wind up living out there for awhile. But, for now, Kunming is a good place for me to continue to study Chinese language and culture. ; )

__WINDENERGY__
Jul 3, 2007 20:12
  • MAY001
Hi all, thanks for sharing. But what I want to know is that where you want to settle down. Buy a house or apartment, marry a good guy/gal, have baby and live peacefully.
Dec 30, 2007 06:48
GUEST16145 i want to live northwest of china not until i visit all the historic sites and famouse sites from east shore to west boder;from taishan to weicheng.
Jun 12, 2012 23:43
  • GERRAND
guangxi Beihai is a nice place to live !
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Where in China Do You Want to Live?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code