Menu
So, how do I send back home everything I buy in China???
Jun 29, 2007 05:11
  • ARKEPITZ
Hi!!!. I plan to buy lots of stuff. How do I send it back home!? :)
Any advice?
Jun 29, 2007 05:19
  • ANTHEA
You can post them home by China Post. If you do not want them to be home very soon, you can use their slowest method, also the cheapest: ocean shipping, which I remember will need about 1.5 month for a parcel from China to US.
Jun 29, 2007 05:31
  • ARKEPITZ
Really? I've read china postal service is good, but they are very tricky with packaging!. Can I mail the packages from the hotel?. Or maybe from the airport upon leaving the country?
Jun 29, 2007 06:51
  • JABAROOTOO
Yes China Post are very tricky with packaging. You have to use thier boxes or otherwise be white, pack it in front of the staff and not include breakables or possible antiquities.

A friend used China Air Express last summer, again they packed everything. It wasn't cheap but good value for money and it was home in less than a week, nothing broken. It was a heavy box too. I cannot remember but worth the monwy spend as you save on your shopping anyway.

They should have website with phone and address for sities in China.
Jun 29, 2007 07:00
  • ARKEPITZ
Thanks Jabarootoo and Anthea. I don't mind to pack in front of them, it will be mostly used clothing, caligraphy rolls and cheap souvenirs. If it can be done at the Shanghai Airport, I might take the chance...
Jun 29, 2007 22:52
  • ANTHEA
Air mail price can be 3 to 5 times higher than the ocean transport.

Yes, you can use air express in many airports.
Jul 1, 2007 23:20
  • APAULT
I agree with Jabaroo (and I see it is not just my conservative province of Hebei this time!). You will not be allowed to use any printed matter as packaging.

I have no experience of unaccompanied baggage associated with your plane flight, but some people have recommended that.
Jul 2, 2007 07:58
  • ARKEPITZ
I was considering buying the box form the airport's office in Shanghai. I'm sure there must be a solution for people like me, they must see this everyday. :) Thanks for replying!
Jul 2, 2007 08:50
  • JABAROOTOO
Are you talking about the Post Office. I don't know about doing it at the airport. Give yourself lots of time. These things can be slow
Jul 2, 2007 08:52
  • JABAROOTOO
And yes unaccompanied luggage is another good option and you'llonly need a suitcase for that.
Jul 2, 2007 13:19
what is the cost ?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: So, how do I send back home everything I buy in China???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code