Menu
Power Outlets on Sleeper Trains
Jun 30, 2007 01:11
  • BENCE8810
Hi,

I will be on sleeper trains for a sum of 3 days and nights in my 7 days journey, and as I need to always be online, I need to power my laptops somehow while travelling.

I will take a Z train from Xian to Beijing, on which I feel I have a chance finding a power outlet, but the rest of the trains will be K and T. Will I find power outlets on those in my 4 berth sleeper cabin, or no? If no, will I find some outlets on the corridors, which I can plug an extension to and bring it to my cabin?

Thanks for any information,

Ben
Jun 30, 2007 01:30
  • MIRANDAZHAO
It seemed that you can find power outlet in soft sleeper. But I'm not sure, sorry.

Jun 30, 2007 04:18
  • ANTHEA
I've not found power outlet on the soft sleeper Z train from Xian to Beijing when I took it last year. But I heard there are such equipments on the trains to Tibet and the new D trains.
Jun 30, 2007 05:00
  • BENCE8810
Hi

Thanks both of you for your answers, unfortunately thats not good news though.

Lets assume then that the Cabins have no power outlets, does anyone have an idea about the corridors? Can I fetch some electricity from there with a long extension cord?

Thanks

Ben
Jun 30, 2007 06:34
  • SUSAN205060
Hi, Bence,

We don't make sure whether corridors has power outlets on your train, but we have two solutions:

1- You input enough power with your hotel power outlets before you take train.

2- Normally every train has employees room, if really you must use your laptap, you can turn to captain for help in train for power.

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng ( China Tour Guide)
MSN: Susan205060@hotmail

Jun 30, 2007 11:26
  • BENCE8810
Hi

Number 1 wont work, as my laptop can take at best 2-3 hours on a charge, and the train ride at times are over 20 hours, so I must have a charger.

Your option number 2 might work, but still I would prefer the power outlet. If anyone has any experience with Power Outlets, please let me know,

Thanks

Ben
Jul 1, 2007 23:08
  • APAULT
I travelled in two hard sleepers recently. The lettered one (I forget whether it was T or K) had power. The unlettered (non-aircon) did not. So based on our cumulative experiences...you might fiund power. Oh, I saw them in the corridor, not many so maybe wise to get a powerboard, cheap here.
Jul 2, 2007 07:01
  • JABAROOTOO
Pretty tough when you can't survive without yout laptop 24/7
What did you ever do without one or am I just a little too old!!!!!!!!! LOL
Jul 2, 2007 07:13
  • BENCE8810
You know, this is a question I keep asking myself. However, there is nothing I can do. I am not going to use it for my own entertaintment of course, but to answer company stuff. I am the IT manager for 3 of our countries in the Central EU region, and there is a lot of work. As I have no help, I am on my own. Taking a week of holidays would be okay, but 3 weeks is definetally pushing it, so the agreement is that I am always available.

Thus, I need to prepare everything, and need to keep asking annoying questions like Power Adapters, and GPRS coverage, which would be questions I'd never ask if it wasnt for my agreement to the company.

Ben
Jul 3, 2007 01:23
  • JABAROOTOO
Fair enough. Life sure is tough for some LOL
Jun 1, 2013 01:50
GUEST62582 Only some? :)
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Power Outlets on Sleeper Trains
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code