Menu
be your free chinese teacher
Jul 1, 2007 04:26
  • MUQINGYU0302
hi, i am Lynn.
i will stay in China from july to august this summer in beijing, if you would like to learn some Chinese or improve it you can just cantact me .hotmail.com|muqingyu0302
i will teach you for free! just because i wish more people speak it :)

However, since i have a internship and i will go back to France in september , there is a lot to do with our timetables, so email me as early as possible~~

i am okay with both english and french. and i will introduce you some other guy to help you with the Chinese if i am not avaliable.

By the way , if you are Chinese and you would like to be a volunteer to teach Chinese ,just leave your email here ,too.
Jul 1, 2007 05:09
  • SAGID
i appreciate your free services. i have great desire to come to china but don;t know when but would want to have friendship

wlth u .r u permanent ressidence/national of china
Jul 1, 2007 05:43
  • QQIAN0124
sina.com|qqian0124
i'm a chinese teacher .
Jul 2, 2007 00:18
  • SCARLETT
:) I am a Chinese girl and I would like to be a volunteer to teach Chinese.
If anyone are interested in and willing to study Chines,please contact me.
hotmail.com|Scarlett-10
Jul 2, 2007 01:35
hi i would like to learn chinese i think i will go to chinese school
Jul 2, 2007 07:22
  • JABAROOTOO
It helps to know where you actually are in China and if you are a qualified 'Chinese as a Second Language Teacher'

This is now a recognised standard qualification like TESOL Teacher of English to Speakers of Others Languages.

Just becuase you are a Chinese teacher does not make you a good language teacher -

Just something to think about if you are offering your services free or not.
Jul 2, 2007 21:50
  • MUQINGYU0302
i am sorry to hear your questions like "are you really goiong to teach for free" or "are your really a teacher"??
you know, i am just willing to help you guys who are learnig my language ,since i am studying several other languages for the reason of my major .and tell you the trouth i am not really enjoy it .so it ocours to me if more people speak chinses it will be better .
also , i never say i am a "qualified" teacher with some certificates i am just a college student !! however, i do not think it matters if you just want to improve your Chinese . i mean i am not helping you with HSK or something like that, you should attend a "qualidied" lesson if you want to get some language certificate.

the last thing to mention, i think i will stay in Beijing the whole july and august. just the two months. several people have left their email here above too ,so you could contact them if you have any doubt .

anyway, i am glad to know you . i undestand why you are so suspecious about peeple because there are so many bad things happened everyday hurting our faith about the world and the trouth about the other. if i were you ,i thougt i would not believe myself either,

anyway, good luck! i hope you love China ~
Jul 2, 2007 22:15
  • MUQINGYU0302
hi guys,i begin to doubt whether it wise to say" i will be your free Chinese teacher " that makes you feel unreal , does it? you know , it happened to me many times why i was doing a volunteer tour guide in a museum. When i offered to be their tour guide for free they always looked at me with two eyes full of doubts like i was going to do some bad thing. i have to say i have got accustomed to that and i think it unavoidable nowadays. Another airport attack just happened in London !!! so if anybody doubts you when you are doing volunteer please just explain and keep the heart to contuniue it . Please blieve in that, every people is good inside ,that is why there are so many volunteers.

At the same time ,please look out if anybody replys to you and ask you out. Chat with them and make sure they are really just mailing you for the reason of learning Chinese. especially for the girls. sometime it is you rather that your help that somebody target at.

in a word , i am still waiting for more Chinese leaving your email if you wish to teach volunteerly. it does not matter if you are a real teacher or not , they can benefit lots from you because you are a native speaker. Communication is always the best way to learn a language.
Jul 3, 2007 01:14
  • JABAROOTOO
Dear MUQINGYU,
My apologies. I did not mean to offend or upset you. However there are a lot of people out there with the wrong intentions and I for one have had my time seriously wasted by people offering both free and paid for services.

Yes I am wary of people offering services for free. It usually ends up being in exchange for something.
Another point I would like to make here is the oft sort after request for friendship from other members. Friendships are like flowers they need to be cared for, watered etc and eventually they will bloom. If they a plucked from the flowers sellers stand they will wither and die.

I am sorry to say that I am asked more times than I care to answer sometimes to be a friend and after giving a polite response, often never hear from the person again.

On the other hand I have made some lovely friends thru this forum both Chinese and Foreign, some I have met face to face and continue to communicate but there is a common interest that keeps us working on a friendship and a mutual respect that comes from watching how each behaves on this forum in the first instance and later when we communicate privately.

Good luck with your offer to help foreigners in Beijing with their language learning.

Can I suggest that you offer to meet them over a coffee, a beer or a meal (your shout) and get to know them first. Don't even mention a fee or lack of it. Your time is worth something after all and find out how you can be of mutual benefit to one another.

Emphasis on MUTUAL.

That's just my opinion for what it is worth.
Jul 3, 2007 03:55
  • SCARLETT
To my surprise,MUQINGYU's idea calls for such a argument.I have to say I am not a "qualified" language teacher even a teacher.

I am willing to be a volunteer just because I think it's a good opportunity to learn and study from each other in language ,culture and so on.

Maybe,it seems too simple.But that's true.

I know volunteer or community service is quite common in foreign country.So why...?

In addition,I 'm glad to receive some emails from those who would like to learn chinese.
Anyway,I will try my best to teach if needed.
Jul 3, 2007 04:13
  • MUQINGYU0302
"argument" is always better than just keeping silent so i swear it is absolutely argument-free here :)

i also received many replies and i wish more people to join in with us.

thank you for all the supports.

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: be your free chinese teacher
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code