Menu
Shanghai in December 04
Nov 30, 2004 10:42
  • LANA
I am going to be in Shanghai in late December with a friend. We were wondering if everything is still open over christmas (dec 24, 25, 26)and if there is anything special ( and non christmassy) you can all reccomend?

thanks
Nov 30, 2004 11:48
  • DAISY
Of course the shop and lieu will be open at that time, and even more busy than any time. And you will find and attend many celebrating activities there.
Dec 1, 2004 08:51
  • WWENDY
hello, Lana:
December is not a good season visiting Shanghai. But there are many activities during Christmas that you never experienced. Get brochures and fliers when you are there, you will not be disappointed.

Have fun

Dec 3, 2004 12:58
  • LANA
Dear Daisy and Wendy,

I know if will be cold in December. I will be coming from AUstralia in the summer, so the difference is going to be huge! I am so excited to be visiting that I doubt I will even notice the cold for the first few days.

Thanks

Lana
Dec 4, 2004 14:09
  • ICHYI
Hey Lana!
I'm also from Australia (melbourne) and i'm also going back to Shanghai on that date.

I heard it's cold, but not THAT cold as the sun's usually out and there's hardly rain and wind.

Dec 9, 2004 09:56
  • LANA
Thanks Yi

This is my first time in mainland China. I am so excited. I leave in a few days time. I am really looking forward to seeing Shanghai. I don't care about the weather!
Dec 9, 2004 10:26
  • DAISY
Hello Lana!
Don't worry about the weather and many sites won't be open.
I just came back from Shanghai. One sweater and dustcoat are just Ok for the sunny day. If it is cloudy and rainny, you'd better take on a thick coat.And the temperature is between 2-13 Celsius. The wind on the Bund is a little bit strong. Though it is Dec, it is said that winter is not a good time for visiting Shanghai, there still have many interesting things and must-sees in Shanghai.
Post a Reply to: Shanghai in December 04
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code