Menu
4th of July
Jul 4, 2007 10:06
  • JABAROOTOO
Happy Fourth of July to all you citizens of USA. We celebrated this evening , 4th of July in China, with a small dinner party but half the guest were non-Americans.

Enjoy your celebrations tomorrow
Jul 4, 2007 20:48
  • KATRINA
The puritans came to the new land in the hope of building "a city on hill", an ideal community with both material and spiritual perfection. This is the original American Dream.

Today, this nation with a short history has become a superpower.
Jul 5, 2007 10:35
  • ROGERINCA
Dear ‘Roo’

Thank you very much for this post. You are a very kind and very thoughtful woman !!

Next to our Thanksgiving Holiday, this is my favorite U.S. Holiday, the birthday of the USA. The days are long, the weather is very warm and the sky bright blue. It is a perfect time for family and friends to come together to BBQ hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill and drink ice cold lemonade and eat watermelon; and of course, as night falls, there are large fireworks displays throughout the country !!

This was the historic day that our Declaration of Independence, from Great Britain was signed.

Last, let me say to you Roo, I think you are such a great asset to this community !!! Your posts are always thoughtful, kind, intelligent and apolitical. You always focus on what should be important in this forum…..healthy discussions of China travel, history and culture, and other related topics of interest.

You are a great representative for your nation of Australia, and I have great respect for you as an individual. I could say more; but I will leave it at that. :)

Thank you !!!
Jul 5, 2007 10:41
  • ROGERINCA
BTW......I am off again on Friday to China, for a three week visit to Lao Po and daughter :)

Going from very dry hot weather, to very wet hot weather !!! :)
Jul 5, 2007 18:39
  • JABAROOTOO
Thanks Roger,

For the compliments first.
Hope you have a great trip.

It is really hot here now, infact we are having electrical thunderstorms every ohter evening. Only got to be outside ten minutes to be dripping.

We tried to have a BBQ for 4th July, (It was my job to see that it happened) going out of my may to get some more fire starters from a special store near my house only to find on arrival at the host house that there was no where near enough charcoal to use and I had stood vascillating about whether or not to get extra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We gave it a good try anyway but it was so hot out that the thought of pan frying in the AC was a good alternative. We had a great shared meal in good company and that was important thing.
Jul 5, 2007 23:26
  • JTONIXTONIX
hello people,

im about to migrate to Shenzhen and have no idea regarding the cost of living along this area.
is there someone who can tell how much will i spend for 1 day meal if i just buy or eat in a restaurant. My preference is none spicy food.In case i cook my own food, how much will it be?

Then, my workplace is located in Guanlan Hi-tech Industry Park Huanguan South Rd.Baoan District. I have no idea of a good place to stay closed to my work place. How much is an apartment? Or room rent maybe?

Nelson
Post a Reply to: 4th of July
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code