Menu
SHA - Suzhou - shui xiang - hangzhou - SHA
Jul 4, 2007 11:15
  • ANGELONG
plan to go Shu zhou from shanghai - 8am , visit aaround and and go to hangzhou the same day and overnight at Xi hu. 2nd day back to shanghai in the evening time.

anybody can advise / give opinion or suggestion on my planning ?
1) 1 day enought for su zhou ?
2) when is the last bus to hangzhou ?
3) how can i go to the youth hotel at xi hu ?
4) any good recoemndation places to visit for this 2 area ?
Jul 4, 2007 11:47
  • SUSAN205060
Hi, Angelong,

Below pls find our suggestion:

1) For Suzhou, One day is enough.

2) After you come back to Shanghai from Xujiahui,you can stay overnight at Shanghai and take the earliest morning train to Hangzhou round 8: 00 am from Shanghai South railway station .

Be attention, if you insist to take bus from Suzhou to Hangzhou directly(if you must, you can check web for bus timetable ), it is too tired , so we don't prefer this.

3)Of course, you can take a taxi youth hotel directly . It is easy.

4) For accommodation, if you have no much budget, YHA is best choice which is cheaper & also safe for backpackers.

If you have no tight budget, you can tell us budget limit for you via email, then I can recommend suitable hotel for you.

5) We suggest you at least can arrange 2 days in Hangzhou which is very beautiful and has many scenic spot and also some new places explored last year.

Enjoy your trip!!

Yours sincerely,

Susan Zheng ( China Tour Guide)

MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060
Jul 9, 2007 19:10
  • ANGELONG
thanks. we will follow yr suggestion.

can i know how much taxi from SHA - hangzhou ? plan to stay at youth hotel.

i found that it is difficult to travel ourself (by bus) without own transport in Hangzhou ? cause all the travel attraction seem quite far at each part.

can you please recomend some attraction which is a "MUST" see at hangzhou ? i means XI HU is very big, which part i shall go ? long jin - plan to go to their village instead of the travel shop.

please advise, thanks.

Jul 9, 2007 21:46
  • SUSAN205060
Hi, Angelong,

1) If you hire taxi from Shanghai to Hangzhou, it need round RMB400, but many direct trains from Shanghai to Hangzhou ( the fastest train need 1 hour and 40 mins), so train is best & you can buy yourself or buy from your hostel.

2) For your 2 days in Hangzhou, i suggest as below:

D1 At bank of West Lake, you can hire a bicycle then you can travel round west Lake by bicycle , it is more easier to spend one day there.

Also because it is little hot , so you can hire a boat morning or late afternoon to overview the west lake and touch the lake water.

D2 9:30 ~ 11:30 AM You can buy some sourvoirs to your friends / family at old street named: Qing he fang ( Chinese is : 清诃坊)
11:30 ~ 13:00 Lunch on the street ( many different style food you can choose)
13:00 ~ 16:00 Drink Chinese tea at a tea house because it may too hot for this period
16:30 ~ Visit your next city

Of course, you can adjust your schedule per your personal like.

Yours sincerely,

Jul 10, 2007 19:36
  • ANGELONG
Thanks. If i wish to go to the Long Jin village, is that need to take a taxi or bus ?

2) i ll reach air-port at 6am, after check out is only around 7am morning, pls advise which transport i can take, the fastest way (bus or train?) to my hotel at Shi Men Yi Lu station ? i do not plan to take a taxi and the speed train only start at 8.30am , right ?

3) any shopping area which i can buy cheap things ? i know only Xiang yiang, Yu Yuan 2 places.

awaiting yr further advise.

Jul 11, 2007 02:55
  • SUSAN205060
Hi, Angelong,

1) Take a taxi to Longjin village .

2) 7AM is very earlier, we suggest you to take a taxi from airport to your hotel since no suitable bus or maglev at this so earlier time it seems .

3) For shopping area, xiangyang market is closed already from Jun 1th, 2007 . So you can go to Yu yuan or Huangpi road South to buy cheap things.

Yours sincerely,

Jul 11, 2007 02:56
  • SUSAN205060
xiangyang market is closed already from Jun 1th, 2006 . ( sorry, it is 2006 not 2007)
Jul 11, 2007 07:52
  • ANGELONG
ah ?? then can i know where can I get cheap branded item now ?? any address/map to guide me ?

Huangpi road South - can i know near by which station ?

Jul 11, 2007 21:11
  • SUSAN205060
Hi, Angelong,

Yes, you still can get cheap branded item. you can give me a call (136 7195 5713 ) during your trip in Shanghai & I can share you some time to buy it if need. Of course, you also can do some shopping by yourself per your like.

As for Sanxi Road South ( sorry, it is no Huangpi road) , it is at the exit of Subway line#1, Sanxi road stop.

In a word, enjoy your trip!!

Yours sincerely,
Post a Reply to: SHA - Suzhou - shui xiang - hangzhou - SHA
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code