Menu
man, woman or other?
Jul 12, 2007 22:25
  • LILY417
oh, Lionpower, you don't know the story, as there is a hole in the sky , so the ancestor use the stone to patch it
Jul 12, 2007 23:53
  • LIONPOWER
Sorry, I did not read the story. Is it Chinese story?

Why they wants to patch the hole?
Jul 13, 2007 01:31
  • MIRANDAZHAO
LionPower, it's about a fairy tale of our ancestor Nv Wa.

About.com:
Jul 13, 2007 01:34
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Oops, the story from About.com:

Chinese legend has it that in remote antiquity there were no humans when a god called Pan Gu broke the chaotic universe and split the heaven and earth apart. Then a goddess named Nv Wa began to make clay figurines after Pan Gu and herself. After several days of hard work, man and woman were created. And more than that, she also gave the law of marriage to keep human behaviors within bounds. First, the man should ask a matchmaker to talk about the marriage with the woman's family. Then when they agreed he should send some gifts as to show his sincerity. Last, the woman should move to the man's home since food and protection was provided by him.

Nv Wa was so gentle and considerate that she later invented some string instruments such as Sheng and Huang. Later in the north came a monster called Gong Gong who wanted to flood the world. Nv Wa directed her subordinate and the people and defeated the monster. But it bumped into the Buzhou Mountain, which propped up the heaven and split it a hole. So she smelted some five colored stones and patched up the sky. Thus people could live peacefully afterwards.
Jul 13, 2007 11:22
  • LIONPOWER
Thanks Miranda for your post.
Jul 20, 2007 05:56
  • APAULT
Dave wants to be a tortoise for an easy life....hmm just become a teacher of English in China like me, you don't have to wait until you fall off your perch. Peacock wants to be a Penguin... why doesnt she want to be a peacock? Or a Peahen!!!

But Dave, do you want to be a male or a female tortoise???

Peaccock do you want to be a male or female penguin?

Lets get down to the serious questions!

Me??? can I come back as a worm or a shellfish?
(they are hermaphrodite...both male and female at the same time). Think of the advantages!!!!
Jul 20, 2007 10:30
  • JCNILE123
he, he, he, man! Mr Apault i was thinking about it all nite last nite, (hardly).

still, i don't see my self in the hermaphrodite neighborhood, however you have my blessing.

if up to me, i will turn you on to one today so you can start taken avantage to the privilege today.

cool #26 reply.

as i see it is raining at lot in China, so stay dry.
Aug 19, 2007 12:04
  • GRIZ326
I have never given it any thought, but my good friend Caveman says he wants to be reincarnated as my dog. :-)
Aug 20, 2007 01:30
I would like to come back as a cat because they are said to have nine lives.
Aug 31, 2007 01:28
  • YVONNE
West, quite interesting. Maybe turtle is a good choice because they have longer life-span than others.
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: man, woman or other?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code