Menu
what does "sexy" really mean?
Jul 7, 2007 01:08
  • PEA28COCK
"sexy", this word appears in our life much more frequently than before. I cannot figure out the reason and frankly, I'm not very clear about the inner meaning it conveys. Does it only mean that a man or a woman can arouse people's sexual desire?
Jul 7, 2007 02:57
  • LIONPOWER
Sexy,
Yes, it's a recently more and more used word.
I guess it's a very sensitive word and depends on body construction, activities and nature.
Going further more, wish to know your emotion of express if any body call you , " Hi Sexy" ?
Jul 7, 2007 03:48
  • PEA28COCK
Hi Lionpower,

Sexy is a word far away from me. :) I am not that kind of girl.

but if ever somebody call me "Hi, sexy", I will feel surprised, but no happiness.
Jul 8, 2007 01:54
  • LIONPOWER
So the result will different from different situation, time and place.

You have a negative sense on the word if your reply is real.
Jul 8, 2007 03:02
  • DAVEC
I think it is another one of those overused and misunderstood words, different people will use it in different situations. The 'hello sexy' is a common saying but doesnt always mean that the person thinks you are sexy, I have even heard people say that some food is sexy.
Personally I have only used the phrase on a few occasions when my partner has maybe dressed in some very nice clothes with the intention of looking sexy, in which case I am just confirming what she was trying to convey.
I believe sexy should just be used as you say for 'peoples sexual desire' as that it its real meaning.
Jul 8, 2007 06:32
  • YEMMIE
I agree DAVEC, sexy is meant to convey that a person evokes sexual desire in others. Using it to describe cars or food is a little strange. Generally, I think sexy is a positive/complimentary word, although some could use it to say a person is sexually stimulating, but not necessarily pretty, and maybe even of loose morals. So, one must be careful how it is used. When I tell my girl she looks sexy, it is absolutely meant as a compliment, but to make sure she understands it that way, I always tell her she looks beautiful too. And I'm careful to remind her that I love her.
Jul 25, 2007 22:38
  • CHYNAGYRL
Girls say it to tease each other when they are wearing particularly nice or provocative clothing. I don't really consider a compliment if it comes from a guy. A lot of women prefer to be called beautiful rather than "hot" or "sexy", because beautiful includes the mind.
Jul 30, 2007 19:07
  • GRIZ326
I would not attempt to define it, but trust me:

I know sexy when I see it!

;)
Jul 31, 2007 01:41
Good answer Griz, I'm the same, it's all about being tactful, I prefer to say my lady that she looks beautiful and sexy.
Aug 1, 2007 14:45
CHYNAGYRL is sexy
Aug 13, 2007 04:00
  • APAULT
The simple answer is that sexy means that you arouse sexual interest in thge speaker, or the speaker feels you will arouse it in others. In modern western culture that is a compliment, but you must also take into acount who says it and in what way. It is meant as a compliment but your mood, cultural background or socio-political perspective might not cause you to feel it as such.

In business, in advertising and marketing the word has been utilised to mean 'have mass appeal'. Sex sells so if a sales pictch is good it is sexy!! (OK, there is bad logic in that, but that's the reason) Look at a typical Chinese website and a western one, now decide which one is sexy.

Page 1 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: what does "sexy" really mean?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code