Menu
Chinese books?
Jul 7, 2007 10:39
  • ARKEPITZ
Hi there, I'l be travelling to China for the first time on august. Usually, when I go to a country, I read a few books from that country ahead, so I can understand a bit what's going on. Could you advice me a few novels from Chinese authors? thanks!!!
Jul 7, 2007 12:36
  • GRIZ326
If you are interested in China and not the politics of China, this forum provides a wealth of information.

Check your cable or satellite television for CCTV which can provide you with current events from the Chinese perspective.

For a quick and reasonably accurate history lesson, take a look at the introductory sections of the Lonely Planet Guide.

...as for reading materials giving a more in-depth look at today's China, I'll defer to the real experts here.
Jul 7, 2007 20:01
  • ELLEN77
Hi the four most famous Chinese ancient novels are Dream of Red Chamber, Journey to the West, Romance of Three kingdoms and the Water Margin.

Jul 8, 2007 05:03
  • ARKEPITZ
Hello all and thanks for your replies. How about modern literature? any suggestions?
Jul 8, 2007 20:57
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
You may read our China Discovery which introduced China's history, culture, education, literature, etc.

Please read them at http://www.travelchinaguide.com/intro/
Post a Reply to: Chinese books?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code