Menu
average accomodation
Jul 7, 2007 23:27
  • WOOKIE
I am after estimates for accommodation in china ranging from the budget to mid range to expensive. I have found a little info on the web but it never specifies if its a single or double. I will be traveling with my partner and need to know the cost for a double. can anyone help?
Jul 8, 2007 04:54
  • APAULT
I stay in cheap pretty rough hotels typically from 60 to 80 RMB single. These same place advertise 80 plus for a double. The price in the foyer is a guide only! It is often cheaper and accasionally they ask more... try your bargaining skills. Unfortunately my experience of paying 120 RMB is that often the rooms are little better. On the other hand there are few real bargains...the best I lnowis Yangjiang in Guangdong...contact me in the unlikely event it is on your schedule.
Jul 8, 2007 11:33
  • JABAROOTOO
Prices and quality vary hugely depending on the location. But a double room, nice with western toilet can go from around Y120 to several hundred. Just depnds what you r budget is and if you care to shop around a little.

There are some good online hotel booking services which give a pretty good estimate of prices around the country but bargain for a better deal everywhere you go and you will likely get something off.
Jul 9, 2007 01:46
  • WOOKIE
thanks heaps
Jul 10, 2007 03:25
  • NEWBBIE
Hi guys,
Try this website if you understand chinese if you don't then try asking help from someone who does.(http://www.yantai.gov.cn/cn/content/travel_yt/index_jdyd.jsp) Simple and easy, just need to key in the Province, City and dates and out comes a whole list. Booking on the net is cheaper than walk-in rates. But please ltake a look at the pics of the rooms first before you decide, does not judge the standard by the star ratings, they don't really mean anything at all. I've stay in a 3 Star rated and has a better standard and also cheaper than a 4 Star rated hotel which I've stay in earlier in the same city. good luck and enjoy your trip.
Jul 13, 2007 00:03
  • APAULT
Oh dear, I teach English and I made a big error by leaving out just one letter.

I said, "There are few bargains" but I should have said, " There are a few bargains".

The first means there are not many (a negative view), the second means you will find some (a positive view).

Sorry!
Jul 13, 2007 03:39
Slap your wrist Apault and write it out 1,000 times, only joking mate, I always make mistakes myself.
Post a Reply to: average accomodation
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code