Menu
Problems with Credit cards
Jul 8, 2007 22:29
  • NEWBBIE
I have encountered problems on several occassions. I went to BOC ATMs but unable to withdraw cash (don't know why they're unable to rcoognise my cards), went to some other banks with the Cirrus sign but unabale to withdraw cash (unable to recognise my card), been to construction bank & BOC and unable to withdraw cash cos teller ran out of cash. Been to KTV, they accept master cards but was unable to read my card also, so I feel that it's safer that you carry cash instaed of relying on your credit card. At most ATM you're able to withdraw up to RMB2,000 (each transaction)but at BOC ATM now you can withdraw up to RMB2,500 each time now.
Jul 8, 2007 23:11
  • CHINATUCK
The only time I have not been able to get cash at an ATM is when it or my bank is down for service. I have used Mastercard and Visa. Bank of China is my choice but I have used other banks
Jul 9, 2007 01:01
  • NEWBBIE
I've also faced problems at retail outlets whereby they accept master cards but for no reason they were unable to process my purchase.
Jul 9, 2007 01:58
  • KEVIN0518
Newbbie, I agree with you. When you are outside, you should carry some cash with you. However, it is not wise to carry a huge amount of money. That is not safe. If you want to buy something valuable, the credit card is your choice. Very conenvient.
Jul 9, 2007 09:48
  • JABAROOTOO
Open a Chinese bank account and have some cash available to withdraw from it. Credit cards are not widely used in China for everyday commodities and should you have a problem with your card you are 'up a creek without a paddle'

here for the long term. Open local account-makes like simple
Post a Reply to: Problems with Credit cards
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code