Menu
China's former head of food and drug watchdog executed
Jul 10, 2007 02:41
  • KATRINA
According to Xinhua News Agency, Zheng Xiaoyu, the ex-director of the State Food and Drug Administration was executed on Tuesday. This move revealed the Chinese government's determination to crack down on the currupt officials.

In May, Zheng was sentenced to death for taking bribes to approve some substandard medicine, particualrly appoving an antibiotic leading to at least 10 deaths.

Food and drug sagfety has long been a problematic field and has become one of the biggest concern of both grassroots and governments at all levels. However, the serious problems on the product safety havn't been handled effectively yet.

"The few corrupt officials of the (State Food and Drug Administration) are the shame of the whole system and their scandals have revealed some very serious problems," SFDA spokeswoman Yan Jiangying said at a news conference.

The case of Zheng Xiaoyu has sounded the alarm: although stepped efforts have been made to ensure food and drug safety, China still has a long way to go .
Jul 10, 2007 09:27
  • LIONPOWER
I feel, this is the right way of Chinese Government to omit the crime from China.
Jul 10, 2007 10:49
  • JCNILE123
i'm sorry that he pay with his life...

but lets not forget, we don't know how many people woman, children and men die because of his lack of respect for human life.

i hope we learn from this, greed don't make an evil good.

this type of bad people is all over around the world, and not just in China.

he was greedy, rest in pece.

Jul 10, 2007 10:52
  • JCNILE123

PEACE
Jul 10, 2007 15:50
awsome i hope this guys eyes get poked out
Jul 10, 2007 21:03
  • LEOPOLD219
Justice has long arms, no culprit can escape!

Greedy people will never feel content.
Post a Reply to: China's former head of food and drug watchdog executed
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code