Menu
Is it reasonable?
Jul 20, 2007 13:39
I believe the rule is wrong. I do not say it is best for students to live together before marriage - only that it is a decision they must make, not the Ministry for Education. They are no longer children, but young adults, and must use their own moral compass in this important decision. If they make the decision to be together they should not be forced to sacrifice their education, only they should be advised to read the opinions in this thread before deciding :-)
Jul 23, 2007 16:32
  • GRIZ326
It sounds as if the ban is an effort to preserve Chinese values. Cohabitation aside, young people make all sorts of mischief when they are in their own apartment living off campus. What the students say on the matter is of little value. The current westernization of Chinese morals is a terrible loss not only for China, but also the entire world. Most of the world does not believe an ethical and harmonious society is possible. Human nature gives ample opportunity for unethical and discordant behavior without the west meddling.
Jul 23, 2007 20:36
  • MAY001
I believe the intention of the ban is good but it's really hard to achieve cos there are so many students in the campus. What should the teachers do? Maybe militarization??
Aug 6, 2007 21:11
  • FRANKENSTEIN
Militarization is a good idea. Just as these military schools, the authority of ordinary colleges should be strict with their students. Less and less students will skip classes and kill time on campus.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is it reasonable?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code