Menu
How to handle Mid-life Crisis?
Jul 11, 2007 03:32
  • LEONARDO
Are you around 40 or 50 years old? If so, please take care, you may involve in Mid-life Crisis; if you are not around 40 or 50, you also have to be cautious, because you may someday become bored with life and everything around you.

Anyhow, what is a "mid-life crisis"? It refers to the point in life(usually around 40-50 years old) that people begin to panic and analyze life based on successes and failures. People usually handles the mid-life crises through finding a new job or having extra-marital affairs.If you are still confused about what I am talking about. I highly recommend you to watch the 1999 Oscar Best Motion Picture " American Beauty" that features the theme of "Mid-life Crisis".

Although this film tells the story about the life of US middle class, this issue is still relevant to China. China's emerging middle class families face the same problem.

Becoming bored with life at the age of 40-50, how to cope with it? Finding a new job ? Having extra-marital affairs? Or some other good way out?

How to handle mid-life crisis ? Ready to hear your valuable opinion.
Jul 11, 2007 03:37
  • LEONARDO
Mid-life crisis is featured in American Beauty

Jul 11, 2007 03:48
  • LEONARDO
The male protagonist: Lester Burnham, a depressed father/husband who hates his boring job and life; played by Kevin Spacey

Jul 11, 2007 03:51
I think it's a world wide problem, I was going through it about 10 years ago, truth is I'm probably still going through it even now and I'm 55.
Jul 11, 2007 03:56
  • LEONARDO
The femal protagonist, Carolyn Burnham, a depressed mother/wife who feels unsatisfied and under-appreaciated though she strives for perfection in every aspect of her life

Jul 11, 2007 03:59
  • LEONARDO
Angela Hayes, a typical American beauty, played by Mena Suvari

Jul 11, 2007 20:38
  • YVONNE
Mid-life crisis, a new term for me, Wow, I am in fear of becoming old, even middle-aged. Bored with life?
Jul 12, 2007 01:47
Yvonne, don't fear becoming old, mid life crisis will only be a problem if you let it get the better of you.
It's important you have love and support from family and friends to help you through it.
My own experience was I had gone through a divorce and felt lonely and unloved, I'm lucky I have found the love of my future wife, but the loneliness is still there at the moment, I will get over it.
Jul 12, 2007 03:05
  • DAVEC
I had my 40th birthday this year but I didnt feel any diffferent. I am strong minded and accept that age is just a number and not something to be feared. Maybe in the future my feelings will change but for now I should just enjoy life.
Jul 15, 2007 20:11
  • LEONARDO
Davec, you are probably right. Not everybody is doomed to experience the mid-life crisis. Keep faith in love and marriage forever, your life will be sweet and fantastic as it is in your honeymoon. Enjoy your life to your heart content, keep a young heart.
Jul 23, 2007 02:46
  • JIMMYB
I have never imagined what life would be after becoming middle-aged. UNnecessary to worry. Live your everyday life happily. Let life take care of itself!
Page 1 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to handle Mid-life Crisis?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code