Menu
House Slaves in the Rural Areas!
Jul 11, 2007 21:57
  • YVONNE
Chinese people are familiar with this term 'house slave'. To buy a house on installment, you need to pay for it almost all you life. This kind of people are called house slaves. Usually, houses slaves exist in the big cities. Have you heard that there are also house slaves in the rural areas in China? Do not be surprised.

The house slaves in the rural areas are different from those in the cities. They can build their own house in the rural area. However, people in cities need to buy a house. In essence, they are the same. They all can not afford a house and need to ask loans from the banks or borrow money from their relatives. Take Songlin village in Yunnan province for example. The villagers all want to have their own house. 70% of them ask loans from the banks or borrow some money from their relatives to build their house though they have to burden heavy debts. The disparity between and the poor is too wide. The rich can build their house and buy a car. However, it is difficult for them to build a house.

Having a house is everyone's dream no matter they are farmers or residents in cities. Wish everyone could have their own house.
Jul 11, 2007 22:00
  • YVONNE
No.1

modern residence for the farmers.

Jul 11, 2007 22:01
  • YVONNE
No.2

Jul 11, 2007 22:03
  • YVONNE
No.3

Jul 11, 2007 23:21
  • ZOEY
Wow, their houses are very beautiful. Luckily, they can build their house though they burden a heavy debt. For those who live in cities, they only can buy a house. Everyone has his or her own house. It is just a dream. When will the dream come true? Who knows?
Jul 12, 2007 01:00
  • JCNILE123
in the USA we mainly take a 30 YEARS loan for our homes average..

30 YEARS!!!! is that slavery???? don't think so;

in the USA we have a choice to have a house or not to have it.

now to the the numbers, any (average) apartment in TEXAS USA cost $750.00 dllrs and up per month, if i rent for 30 years i will pay to

the landlord an average of $270.000.00 any have nothing at all after 30 long years.

if i buy a 3 bedroom 2000 sq feet home, i will pay in average $750.00 dllrs in mortgage, after 30 years if i want to stay in the same

house, (and i don't). it will be my home.

but if i send just another extra $100.00 to the bank every month, i will pay my home off in 21 years average.

and you know what?? poor people can dream of it, thank's to the lenders that make's it possible.

in other words you can cry like a baby and live in a shack, or you can go on and make your life better, if i'm a lender i want to make a

profit.

Jul 12, 2007 02:25
  • FRANKENSTEIN
That is why so many Chinese people still want to buy a house though the house price is skyrocketing.

I agree with you, Jcnile123. It is worth buying a house. Renting a house is not good. Having your own house brings you sense of belonging. Living in the house you rent, you are like the floats in the water without roots.
Mar 11, 2008 20:00
  • SHESGOTTOBE
It must be one of those cultural differences. The Chinese call it House Slave. The Americans call it The American Dream. You know, owning a house with a nice, green yard, sometimes with picket fence. If you want a car, a dog and a swimming pool, you can have them, too. Everyone dreams of having their own home and it is a great feeling to have one, knowing you got it through your own sweat and blood. You have to live somewhere. Just like food, shelter is not an option, it is a necessity. Your choices would be to rent, buy, stay with your parents or live on the street.

JC is right. Normal mortgage period here is 30 years. Some opt for 25 or 20 years. Mine is 15. I heard in Japan they have 50 and even 100-year mortgage loans. I am guessing that the children will assume the mortgage afterwards. Well, the Japanese have one of the longest life spans, too. O_o
Mar 16, 2008 02:20
GUEST03221 You are all right in one way or another. Owning a house is not just everybody's dream but a need. A need to set roots somewhere and also a feeling of security especially more so as we grow older. For the younger people I have this to offer. Do not be dismayed just because you can only dream of one of those beautiful homes. What you can do is start off with a small simple house, which will be less of a burden and also it's only practical as you will probably have less 'baggage' with you. As you grow older and financially more stable, you can upgrade to a better house - probably one you dream of. But be sincere to yourself; do not move the 'goalpost' unrealistically and too fast or else you will really end up a 'House-slave' Cheers and happy home-building
Post a Reply to: House Slaves in the Rural Areas!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code