Menu
Xian July 25th
Jul 13, 2007 15:18
  • PEATY
I will be in Xian on July 25th. Is anyone interested in doing a day tour to see the major sights?
Thanks.
Jul 17, 2007 05:04
  • APAULT
I see u r not getting any public response, and if no private messages, then you could go to one of the youth hostels you will be able to find people to join up with. And if you are more upmarket than us backpackers, some have private quality rooms. There are two hostels almost adjacent near the south gate. Looking into the city from the S gate turn immediately left inside the wall. There is one hostel within 50 or so metres. Walk another 100 meters and you come to the backdoor of another hostel...it is new and has good facilities and a popular bar :)
Jul 18, 2007 10:38
  • PEATY
Thanks for your response. Do you know anything about the hostel? Name, Price, Etc.? That seems like the best idea I have heard so far. Also, are there shuttles that leave from there to go to the major sites (e.g., Terra Cotta) or would I need to take a taxi? Finally, do the folks at the hostel speak any English? While I have travelled quite a bit, I have never been to China and have only learned a few words and counting. I have to admit I am okay about travel in Shanghai and Beijing, but I am a little nervous about Xian. Please email me at utk.edu|jpeat.
Thanks.
Post a Reply to: Xian July 25th
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code