Menu
looking for knowledgeable creative beijing tour guide w fluent english
Jul 14, 2007 23:24
I will have a few extra days after a conference in Beijing and am looking to hire a tour guide who can share the history and politics, and show me some of the the main sights plus some off-the-beaten-track sights. I have found several tour operators that offer private tour guide on line but can't tell which are good and which to avoid.

Any and all suggestions would be welcome - thanks!
Jul 15, 2007 19:38
  • KRUUTH
When are you going to be there?

You could always track down a college student.
Jul 16, 2007 00:22
I'll be free from Aug. 11 thru mid-day on the 14th. How does one find college students? I'd also love to find interesting things to do at night - maybe even tours to join up with others. Has anyone ever heard of/used Beijing Impressions tour company? Thanks.
Jul 16, 2007 09:05
  • KRUUTH
Heh. I'd just head to Beijing University. Someone can speak English there. Granted it may not be very clear. Explain your situation and you could probably find some help.

I just wander around the city. I wore out a pair of shoes the last time that I was there.
Jul 17, 2007 20:55
  • VIOLET316
Violet, a kindly girl with fluent english tour guide,you can contact hotmail.com|lnghulyn
Jul 19, 2007 15:35
  • BANDBINCHINA
How about this one? All tours are organized by Michael (thats his 'English' name) in Beijing, his mobile phone number is also on that page:

http://www.bb-china.com/private-personal-tour-guides-in-China.htm

The same website has some interesting courtyard guest house accommodation on it.
Jul 23, 2007 03:50
  • SKYTOUCH
hi, how r u? I saw ur message here. Hv u already found someone who can offer a private tour guide for you? If not, I am here to help anytime. My English is pretty good, and I can show your around anywhere in Beijing, attractions or nightlife. If u r interested in , pl contact :yahoo.com.cn|onenightbj, cherrs!
Jul 23, 2007 10:15
thank you. I will be making arrangements some time next week, so will check this out as well as any other links that get posted. I mentioned in an earlier post that I had found a tour group called Beijing Impressions on line. Has anyone heard of that? They seem to offer dinner/acrobatic show and hutong tours, among other things.

thanks again to anyone who has ideas here!

Jul 24, 2007 10:11
We are a community of bilingual Chinese local guides, travel companions, interpreters, and business assistants. On our site, you can meet hundreds of professional and amateur guides from all over China.

A lot of guides on our site are college students looking for summer jobs.

Please visit http://chinglishfriend.com
Jul 24, 2007 15:33
Thanks. Do you offer evening activities?
Jul 25, 2007 09:40
We are not an agency. We are more like a online market place.

Guides on our site can tailor make an itinerary customized to meet your expectation. They can offer suggestions to a variety of activities. They can also help you on car rental, lodging, and dining as well.

Michael
Post a Reply to: looking for knowledgeable creative beijing tour guide w fluent english
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code