Menu
What do you think of the 12 Girl Band?
Jul 15, 2007 05:55
  • DAVEC
I hope I have the name right, 12 Girl Band. They play with traditional Chinese musical instruments. I have heard their music and I enjoy it but when I talk to my Chinese friends they say nothing good about them, their opinion is that they are pretty Chinese women playing copied music specially to appeal to western men.
What do you think of them?
Jul 15, 2007 07:54
  • GRYOKAN
They are nothing indeed.
Jul 15, 2007 19:43
  • LEONARDO
They are pop stars. Although they played copied music, their albums are among the best-sellers. Pop Culture makes some so-called artists become money-oriented, rather than good works-oriented.
Jul 15, 2007 19:47
  • TRAVELDREAM
When I first heard their music by accident, I liked it.
Jul 16, 2007 01:25
  • KEVIN0518
Davec, the band is called 女子十二乐坊. Personally, I like their music.
Sep 25, 2007 17:13
GUEST19210 I think they are the best thing comming our of China.. The music is great and their presentation is very well done...compliments are in order.
Sep 25, 2007 23:44
  • LIZXLI
They are all beauties.At the beginning,I would just appreciate their beauty,then later pay attention to their music.
Sep 26, 2007 00:49
  • DAVEC
I have just got back from China and couldnt find any of their cds anywhere, got a dvd of a show but that was it. The answer I got all the time was "they are not popular here, just for western market"
Oct 1, 2007 12:25
  • ROGERINCA
I think the The Twelve Girls Band is fantastic !!

I have several of their CD’s and I have two of their VCD’s/DVD’s.

I listen to them often. I tried to catch their performance close to my city last year, when they had their North America Tour, but could not get my scheduled to fit.

When you think about it, most entertainers, East or West are attractive in appearance. What matters is that they are gifted musicians. They are talented artists and are the best of the best out of the Beijing Academy of Music. I love their elegance and the way they get into their music at an emotional level. They are a joy to watch on VCD or DVD.

I love their interpretations and renditions of old classical/traditional music, as well as their interpretation of many modern songs.

Their concerts are usually sold out very early throughout the world.

I think China should be very proud of this group and they do much to bridge the culture gap between West and East !!!

Oct 1, 2007 16:46
  • DAVEC
Ah, someone who thinks same as me. Thanks for that. I couldn't find cds anywhere, dont suppose you can run me off some illegal copies? Did I just say that out loud, oops
Oct 2, 2007 07:12
  • ROGERINCA
Try online at: yesasia.com

Also they have an office in the UK:

Calling from United Kingdom

Toll Free in UK : 0800-051-6800

Monday through Friday: 24-hour Customer Service
Saturday and Sunday: 12:00am - 8:30am (London Time)(GMT +0)

I have ordered all of my CD's and DVD's on-line. This company, based in HK, is very affordable.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you think of the 12 Girl Band?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code