Menu
The Transformers Defeated Nanking
Jul 16, 2007 01:31
  • MAY001
Sadly, the movie depicted the Nanking Massacre was totally defeated by the new great movie, Transformers. Many audience who wanted to watch the movie Nanking is greatly disappointed by the truth that less theater show this movie now.

Most of the theaters believe that the box office of Nanking will be bad, but Transformers can attract more people. However, more and more people scold the money-oriented theaters and said that it's sad that Nanking cannot been seen in the theater.
Jul 16, 2007 01:34
  • MAY001
The history is too heavy and sad

Jul 16, 2007 01:43
  • MAY001
So choose entertainment??

Jul 16, 2007 03:56
  • ZOEY
Yes, more and more people have forgotten the history. It is too sad. Nanking was shot by US directors. I really want to see how other nations think of Nanking Massacre. Looking forward to watching it.
Jul 18, 2007 04:57
  • MAY001
In fact, many people want to watch this movie and know more about the terrible history. But the theater managers believe that the movie can't bring profits to them. Sad!!
Jul 18, 2007 07:48
I think you will find it is how the film is promoted outside China, not many westerners will go to see it unless it gets the right exposure.
Here in London I have seen nothing advertised about the Nanking Massacre.
Jul 18, 2007 13:37
serious documentary vs lightweight entertainment? the entertainment will always be more popular, and we should not criticise the cinema operators for showing films that are popular.

But if the 'Nanking Massacre' film is good, and tells the story well, it will leave its mark on history, and it is possible that over the long term more people may come to see it, and more importantly remember it, than will see or remember 'Transformers'.

Do not despair May & Zoey that History is not 'popular' - sometimes it is best that it has to be uncovered through effort - like WNGas I had not heard of it before this thread (thank you May), but will now seek out how to see it.
Jul 18, 2007 19:48
  • MAY001
Thanks for your posts! I feel better now because I'm sure the movie Nanking will leave its mark on history.

In fact, the reason why I feel disappointed is that this year is the 60 anniversary of Nanking Massacre but no official commemorative ceremony has been held!! What's up?
Jul 19, 2007 06:53
  • MADELINE
I want to see Nanjing as well as not wanting to see it, as it always breaks my heart to think about what happened in my hometown.
Jul 20, 2007 15:24
  • DAVEC
I have heard small amounts of what happened at Nanking and it is just pure evil. Sadly people want to be entertained nowadays and dont have such a big interest in history.
Post a Reply to: The Transformers Defeated Nanking
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code