Menu
Tianjin Seoul ferry
Jul 16, 2007 06:25
  • ZHANGAKI
Hello, all.

I am planning on buying ferry tickets for my Tianjin-Korea trip. I contacted the Jincheon Ferry company - they are the only one operating the Tianjin-Incheon line.

The operator said she couldn't help me buy the tickets since I am foreigner - non-Chinese, that is. Claims that it is possible that even with the ferry ticket and proper visa to Korea, I may still be refused entry. They don't have any say on this issue, except the immigration officers when I get to Incheon. She suggested that I either: take the flight instead (sure entry) or buy the ferry ticket a day before the planned date of departure - the only time I can be 100% sure that I won't be refused entry.

Is there any truth to this? I don't plan on taking the plane, but this seems ridiculous. Please advise. Thank you very much.
Nov 15, 2007 21:42
GUEST62451 Okay a few months late but no. No there is no truth to this. it's just like immigration at any other port (including airports) in the country. As long as you can get a tourist visa on arrival for your nationality you'll be fine. I should know I into the country via this port on the 28 June.
Jan 17, 2008 00:45
GUEST46146 Korea allows for visa on arrival. China does not. If you're going Incheon to Tianjin, you'll need to get a Chinese visa from your local Chinese embassy or consulate prior to purchasing tickets.

Good luck!
Jan 28, 2008 04:44
GUEST14449 I'm planning on doing the trip the other way from Incheon to Tianjin, and from what i have heard, you need a departure ticket out of Korea to be allowed in the country, and yet I can't see any way of booking the ferry outside Korea. Any suggestions? I think it's likely that in reality they rarely check departure tickets, but your advice would be much appreciated.
Jan 30, 2008 05:13
GUEST17596 Hi can anyone provide me with contact information for the ferry from China to Korea. This would be very Helpful.
Doug
Nov 13, 2008 18:41
GUEST86158 Hello Could u plz help me to solve my problem ... Thank you . I want to go from Incheon, Korea to Tianjin by ferry and how long it takes and how can i find the CHEAPEST one how much it will take ... coz i will go far and far so i am looking for cheapest transporation but little comfortable oki doki... thank u
Jul 20, 2009 21:17
GUEST87220 There is also a Korean ferry line, Weidong Ferry, that runs from Incheon to Weihai and Qingdao. I've traveled on Jincheon and the Weidong line is much nicer. The Golden Bridge V, on the Qingdao/Incheon run, has a spa onboard for W7, sauna, hot/cold baths. The Weihai/Incheon vessel, Golden Bridge II, has no sauna but it's still nicer than the Jincheon vessels.
Jul 20, 2009 21:26
GUEST87220 Also you can find Weidong on Internet. I've never had any trouble buying a ticket on the day of travel for a business class berth, but the ship out of Qingdao has been getting more crowded the last couple of years.
May 29, 2011 05:06
GUEST91158 hi i.m planning to travel beijing to incheon ferry and what ferry is nearest to beijing.i.m mongolian i have a year visa for korea is it possible to travel beijing to korea? thank you
May 29, 2011 20:36
GUEST3878
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST91158

hi i.m planning to travel beijing to incheon ferry and what ferry is nearest to beijing.i.m mongolian i have a year visa for korea is it possible to travel beijing to korea? thank you

The nearest port is Tianjin. You can go to Tianjin first and then take ferry from there to Incheon. It takes around 20 HOURS. And yuu can go to Weihai and take ferry there to Incheon. It takes around 14 hours.
Apr 3, 2012 22:59
GUEST13593
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST87220 View Post

There is also a Korean ferry line, Weidong Ferry, that runs from Incheon to Weihai and Qingdao. I've traveled on Jincheon and the Weidong line is much nicer. The Golden Bridge V, on the Qingdao/Incheon run, has a spa onboard for W7, sauna, hot/cold baths. The Weihai/Incheon vessel, Golden Bridge II, has no sauna but it's still nicer than the Jinc...

so you've experienced the Incheon-Tianjin Jincheon ferry! Good!
i can't seem to find many info online. They don't provide price list, types of cabin, etc. Could you please tell us more about this 24hr ferry?

And once i reach Tianjin port (tentatively 1pm), will the custom clearance take a lot of time (on a weekday)? Because i'm planning to catch a train from Beijing to Nanning at 3.45pm the same day. I don't want to spend a night in Beijing. Neither do I want to spend longer time from Qingdao to Nanning by train. So Tianjin is the only way. :)

Thanks a lot. Hope to hear ur reply soon.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Tianjin Seoul ferry
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code