Menu
Travel Mates Wanted in Oct ( Hongkong, Yunnan, Nanjing)
Jul 19, 2007 05:55
  • MADELINE
G'day, guys

I'm new to here, looking for travel mates for

30 Sep --- 3 Oct -------- Hongkong (for 3 days)

Mid-Oct------ Yunnan (for a week)

Oct to Mid Nov ---- haning out in Nanjing (for a month)

I'm planning to go on a trip to Yunnan Province ( have been dreaming about it for years) in Oct, the friend who was going to travel with me just found a new job so she won't be able to make the trip, I don't really mind travelling alone but it is always nice to have someone to travel with.

I'm Chinese so of course I speak reasonably good Chinese:) I'm thinking to go after the national holiday to avoid the crowds, it would be around a week depending on the route and cost.

I'm looking for ppl at similar age (I'm 26), females preferred but not necessary, enjoy exploring the nature and the cultrues and having good conversations. No doggy old guys please!!!!

If anyone's interested, please let me know by the end of Sep.

----I'll also be interested in a side trip to Cambodia to see Angkor Wat if anyone's also interested

----I'll be in Hongkong for 3 day from 30th Sep to 3rd Oct, if anyone happens to be there and would like to travle together, u r welcome to join me.

Have a good night!

Aug 8, 2007 12:27
  • ASEA26
Hi,

I am also planning on going to China in October. I am getting the Cathay All-Asia Pass and am thinking I'll be flying into Hong Kong the first week of October. I haven't finalized my itinerary yet, and am still flexible, but I want to see Hong Kong, Shanghai, and as many nice landscapes as possible!! I am also very interested in biking through some of the smaller villages, and doing some hiking as well. I will only be there for about 3 weeks and then I'm off to Japan, Malaysia, and Thailand. I am also 26, and just a normal, goofy guy from the US.
Aug 9, 2007 01:57
  • MADELINE
Sweet, I will be arriving in Hongkong on 30th Sep in the evening and will stop over for 3 days, would really like a companion to travel with coz I know no body there:(

I'm flying to Nanjing, which is my hometown, on the 3rd Oct, then will be going on a trip either to Yunnan or somewhere else, I can't quite make my mind yet.

Also will go to Shanghai for a couple of days to visit a friend, and will be leaving China on 17th Oct, which is the end of my holiday:)

Could you confirm the date you are flying into Hongkong and let me know, see whether we could meet up there.
Aug 12, 2007 16:56
  • ASEA26
I am going to try and book all my flights this week. I can confirm the dates after that. I could try and arrive the 30th also, but I may have trouble making reservations because of the national holiday on Oct 1. I'll let you know.
Aug 31, 2007 01:18
Hey guys!

I'll be in Beijing from Sept 14 - 26 and will be heading to Shanghai from Sept 27 - Oct 1.

I'm 28, from Toronto, Canada.

Sharron
Sep 3, 2007 14:32
  • DANCER50
Hey I am wanting to travel from Guilin to Yunnan starting Oct 7 - Oct 14. Want to see Lijiang, Stone Forest, Dali, and southern Yunnan ( Xishuangbabba -- Jinhong (markets, Dia Minority and Sanchahe Elephant Reserve), Mengla (Bupan Aerial Walkway) and Damenglong (Manfeilong Ta) ect).
I am not your age (probably closer to age of your mother but I am not old or traditionally conservative) I posted a thread looking for travel companions for this week as my partner has to be away for that week. Then we are going onto Chengdu to see the Giant Buddha and then a Yangtze River Cruise and then a tour to Tibet.
If you don't find anyone else to travel through Yunnan from Oct 7 - 14 I would love the company and assistance (I only speak English, I am Canadian). I am into cheap travel and staying in hostels and guesthouses etc. and want to see minorities. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks Cynthia
Sep 8, 2007 02:02
  • MADELINE
Hi, Cynthia, We are planning to fly to Kunming on the 9th Oct and would probably spend a week in Yunnan, I haven't booked any accommodation yet as my cousin who lives in Kunming, told me that I can easily find hostels in Yunnan, so we'll just meet in Kunming and go from there, you are welcome to join us. Leave your email if you like.
Sep 8, 2007 13:10
  • DANCER50
Hey Madeline that would be interesting to meet up with you. Where are you from originally? How long have you been in China? Where are you hoping to go in Yunnan? I will have a couple of days before you get to Kunming so if I knew what places we didn't have a common interest in then I could check out one of them before you got there or something. How much time do you have? and what do you hope to do with it?
You can email me at hotmail.com|tippetytaptoo the sooner the better cause we are coming dowm to having to make decisions in next few days as we leave Canada Sept 24. Really looking forward to hearing from you again.
Actually if you have a landline phone I could also phone we have a phone plan so it costs me nothing. Were are you living right now? My daughter is teaching English in Beijing so that is what is sending me in the direction of China and of course it looks like an amazing country so once I am there I want to explore some of it and have an adventure. bye for now Cynthia
Sep 11, 2007 23:58
GUEST77120 Hi,

i'll visit nanjing in mid november and i'm looking for a comapnion since i don't speak chinese.

The other places on my schedule are: shaolin temple, shanghai & beijing.

i'm from toronto.

Howard
Sep 12, 2007 02:45
  • MADELINE
Hi:Cynthia, I'll send you an email about what you want to know.

And Howard , I will be in Nanjing from mid Oct until 16th Nov, so if you come around before 16th, I'm happy to show you around.
Sep 13, 2007 11:01
  • BRUNET192
hi,

i go to shanghai 3 oct and after 7 oct i am free to travel in china but have no idea where to. does it match your plans?i return on 16 oct to europe.
would be keen to meet someone in china.
christopher, 30.
take care.

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Travel Mates Wanted in Oct ( Hongkong, Yunnan, Nanjing)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code