Menu
China's Domestic Violence On the Rise
Jul 31, 2007 00:41
  • LIONPOWER
"Seeing is believing"
Can we see air but we believe it as our breath related to air.
Aug 1, 2007 04:12
  • GRYOKAN
Of cos there are men-bashers around. I am a victim myself.
Aug 1, 2007 06:11
That took guts to admit that Gryokan, I hope you are no longer a victim.
Aug 9, 2007 03:08
  • YVONNE
"Of cos there are men-bashers around. I am a victim myself. " I am utterlly suprised. I agree with Westnorwoodgas that " That took guts to admit that" Gryokan, you are so brave and bold. A lot of Chinese men insist that being called 'henpecked" is a humiliated thing, not to mention that admiting being abused by their wives.
Aug 9, 2007 07:05
  • DODGER
Gryokan,
I cannot speak for others on this forum but only for myself. My heart goes out to you and wishes you well.
I hope your time of trouble has passed?
As a Man I feel ashamed that this has happened to you, as my role in life is to protect my children and my wife against all evil.
Dodger.
Aug 9, 2007 07:24
Very well put Dodger.
You seem to have the same family values as me.
Aug 9, 2007 15:55
  • DODGER
West,
thank you.
I think most real men do mate.
As I grew up in the old dart with no parents I put the very highest value on family.
Cheers, Dodger.
Aug 9, 2007 22:19
  • LEONARDO
" I put the very highest value on family." Good, Dodger, I have ever heard a saying that a mature and responsible man are aware of the importance of family. Family is a harbor which shelters you at any time. Whether you are rich or poor, your family members are always behind you.

Me, too. I value family. In fact, I have been always indebted to my family members. Sometimes, I felt a little bit guilty because I have taken too much from my beloved family, but given back too little in return. My parents and elder sisters have always supported me along the way with their kind words and advices and suggestions.
Aug 10, 2007 01:40
Dodger, sorry to hear you had no parents to bring you up, I was lucky I had both my parents, they have both passed on now, and as I'm the eldest I'm now head of the family.
Leonardo, you might feel you didn't give enough back to your family but I think you will find you gave them so much pleasure bringing you up.
Aug 10, 2007 05:25
  • DODGER
West,
thanks for you kind words. I have never thought of myself as a victim though and there is always someone who is worse off.
Leonardo, have no regrets and no guilt. Your Family gave their love to you without any special condiction and not for any repayment.
Yes, Family should be "a harbour that shelters you at any time"
My oldest Son is in London now playing Rugby for a living and a fully grown Man and I still worry about the "little Bloke"
Dodger.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: China's Domestic Violence On the Rise
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code