Menu
Great wall of CHINA
Jul 21, 2007 16:29
  • OUDEN
i am planing to go to China can anyboby help me to provide the information about great wall i want to visit it .in which city to go and where to start
Thanks
Jul 21, 2007 17:22
  • GRIZ326
How long will you be in China?

Where will you be in China?

For a quick and dirty opportunity to see the Great Wall, Badaling outside of Beijing is your best shot. But Badaling is crawling with tourists and loaded with vendors trying to get you to spend a few RMB.

The Great Wall is impressive in its own right and there is nothing that can really take away from it, although there may be better places to see it. The people who have visited those places will fill you in....
Jul 22, 2007 04:49
  • SUSAN205060
Hi, OUDEN,

The Great Wall is Beijing city & better month for you to visit is in Sept ' 07 ( now it is very hot with 35~38 degrees normally).

You can fly from your current city to Beijing then choose a tour company or you go to visit Great Wall by yourself by map .

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng ( China Tour Guide)

Jul 22, 2007 10:37
  • JABAROOTOO
Huang Hua Cheng is a great place to see the wall just 90mins or so outside Beijing. There are a few tours or take local transport. See Travel Review "Windows on the Wall" for some more information and photos coming soon.
Jul 23, 2007 19:55
  • CALIFORNIA
Beijing is a nice city with some sections of the Great Wall,Simatai to Jinshanling is better for hiking.

Also you can visit the small city called Shanhaiguan in Hebei province,it's the head of the Great Wall,also Jiayuguan.

Good luck!
Jul 26, 2007 05:40
  • ELLYSE
Beijing is the most common jumping-off spot. My best recommendations would be Jinshanling-Simatai (full day), or either Simatai or Mutianyu (half day). Badaling is closer but very touristy and crowded.
Jul 26, 2007 23:46
  • SKYTOUCH
Hi, There are about 5 main sites of the Great Wall you may be interested in.
If you want a normail tour for the Great Wall, go to the Badaling site,which is far from BJ about 80 KM. But it's crowd and the ticket is quite pricy. So I strongly recommend to go to Huanghua city site, which is called Water Great Wall. Jinshanling site is 130KM far from BJ. Shimatai site is also a good place to go. If you like adventure and photography, the Jiankou site is the best place to go.
If u want more help, pl contact with me by email
yahoo.com.cn|onenightbj.
Feb 2, 2009 08:13
GUEST81107 go on the internet and find it..
Post a Reply to: Great wall of CHINA
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code