Menu
Interesting! Food for war-time Soldiers
Jul 24, 2007 20:29
  • MAY001
This one is Chinese, self-heating meal.

According to the characters on the bags, these are different Chao Fan (fried rice).

Jul 24, 2007 20:31
  • MAY001
This one is US.

It is said that US soldiers can eat thousands of different foods and drinks in US. But in wartime, the food are quite unbearable... True?

Jul 24, 2007 20:33
  • MAY001
Germany.

biscuit? orange juice?

Jul 24, 2007 22:36
  • KEVIN0518
What is self-heating meal? Does it mean that you need not heat them before reating them? Never have heard of it.
Jul 25, 2007 01:39
Probably heated like the hand warmers you can buy.
Jul 25, 2007 11:58
  • KRUUTH
US military food is rather good.

Menu A MRE's consist of:

Beef Steak w/ Mushroom.
Pork Rib.
Beef Ravioli.
Cheese & Veggie Omelet.
Chicken Breast.
Chicken Fajita.
Chicken w/ Salsa.
Beef Patty.
Beef Stew.
Chili & Macaroni.
Spicy Penne Pasta.
Veggie Burger w/ BBQ Sauce.
Jul 25, 2007 20:15
  • YVONNE
Does it usually have a lavish feast in War-time?
Jul 26, 2007 07:20
I don't know about the British army, but I know their field rations are not as good as the US.
Jun 7, 2008 19:13
  • YINDUFFY
When I read of the thousands of Chinese military troops sent for earthquake relief work after May 12, 2008, I immediately thought of an article I read on a military news site months ago.
China, having never sent troops in any quantity outside its borders ( before the UN peacekeeping mission last summer) had not developed a system of field rations or adequately feeding troops in the field. Previously the troops would be fed through local supply and photos of troops used to keep order in the chaos of the Ice storms last winter showed they were not provided hot food or bevarages - only bottled water and pork sausages (eaten cold).
I was wondering how the many troops in the remote parts of China affected by the earthquake were being fed and housed when so many locals were in distress and food could not be obtained locally due to the damaged roads, bridges and rail lines.
U.S. military rations (MRE's) were distributed to Hurricane Katrina victims and humanitarian relief rations were distributed by the U.S. to earthquake victims in Pakistan.
I am glad the the PLA has prepackaged military rations to feed the hard working soldiers in the Earthquake damaged areas.
Post a Reply to: Interesting! Food for war-time Soldiers
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code