Menu
taking pictures of people
Jul 25, 2007 02:41
  • EWELINA
Hi,

I'm just wondering... if I want to take a picture of a person, should I ask the permission first? Also do I have to ask for the permission to take a picture of eg a street stall without any people on it? And is it expected that if I do take a picture I should give some money or gift to them? Any rules according to that at all? Any people that i shouldn't take pictures of maybe?

Thanks for advise
Jul 25, 2007 03:51
  • CALIFORNIA
If you want to take a pic of a person,you'd better aske for the permission,I think!

If they agree with it,you don't need give some money or gift to them,they are very kindly.

You can't take the army pics!
Jul 25, 2007 09:46
I managed one, perhaps I got away with it because I took it from distance.
Jul 25, 2007 11:14
  • JABAROOTOO
Street scenes with people are fine but if you want to get close ups, be polite and ask. You may even be a target for some Nationals who have never seen foreigners and they are not always polite about putting the camera in your face, but most will ask you if you would get in their happy holiday snaps with them, a complete stranger. Stranger things have happened.
Jul 25, 2007 23:54
  • KSWONG
In China there are no issues with taking street photos. In some of the remote parts, the ethnic tribes may not like it but your job is to win their hearts first, and that's a challenge.

It's not like in the Middle East where taking photos of women is strictly prohibited and u may get beaten up.
Jul 26, 2007 02:45
  • EWELINA
Great, thanks for your tips!
Post a Reply to: taking pictures of people
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code