Menu
Hotel in Beijing
Jul 25, 2007 08:03
  • NORHA1
Looking for a recommendation for an hotel in "central" Beijng (not more than 50$ per night) and close to a metro or a bus station
Jul 25, 2007 08:57
  • KRUUTH
There's plenty of places for that kind of money around the wangfujing area right by Tiananmen Square
Jul 25, 2007 11:37
  • NORHA1
Thanks.
can you name few of them?
Jul 25, 2007 11:53
  • KRUUTH
Hmmm, good question. I'll check tonight and get back to you.

Generally if you hop a cab and go to wangfujing you'll see a myraid of them, but I don't have my list here. I'll have them tonight.

$50 is quite a bit for a hotel room.
Jul 25, 2007 11:59
  • NORHA1
No objection to pay less.

Decent,clean and centrally located.
Jul 26, 2007 00:22
  • KAIOTEE
I stayed at a few places when i was in Beijing, the cheapest being a backpackers lodge, which was honestly better than the Grand Hyatt... its right next to the main train station, 3 floors, you meet people from all the world, there's internet access, 2 pool tables, restaurant, bar, etc. The standard private room costs about 130rmb per night which is about $18, though I stayed in a ensuite which cost 260rmb which is still under $50, its like $35 or something. It was called Beijing City Central Youth Hostel (Its not just for young people, I had many good conversations with the older bunch)... i remember that. I'll look around for the website cos I remember we booked our accomodation online so i'll get back to you as soon as I find it.
Jul 26, 2007 00:28
  • KAIOTEE
Ok, i found it:
http://haystack.lonelyplanet.com/accommodation/Beijing-Beijing-City-Central-International-Youth-Hostel-P165844.html
It has a slide show of pics of the place, and there is the part to book online too. I hope this helps = )
Jul 26, 2007 00:32
  • NORHA1
Sorry for not indicating that we are not backpackers (this was a long time ago) so the hotel has to be accordingly.
Jul 26, 2007 04:27
  • ELLYSE
I would definitely recommend Tang Yue Hotel which's near the east gate of Forbidden City (walkable distance to Tiananmen East metro stop), near Wangfujing. Should be about 250 RMB/night for the cheapest rooms, with ensuite. Email me if you need more details, I don't check back regularly on this forum.
Aug 28, 2008 04:07
  • TRAVELLER1
Hi, I am new to this. I just saw your discussions regarding hotels in Beijing. Beijing is a great place, but beware of one particular hotel. It is called TianAn Tianlun Rega Hotel, the address is TianAn Mansion, Hualong Jie, Nan Heyan Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 P.R.C
Tel:86-10-85110088
and the website is www.tianantianlunregahotel.com
It has good website but beware!!!

TianAn breaks promise and lies about being an airconditioned hotel.
They make different lies for every time a complain is made.
People are warned and advised not to stay at this hotel. The temperature is usually over 27degrees centigrade, which is very hot.

I hope to pass this message on to people so that others are not cheated by their promises.

There are many hotels in Beijing better than this one. I am not saying all other hotels are better than this one. Some might be worse, whether it is in China or other country, but for my personal experience, this one is bad and lies about its facility, and tell different lies each time a complain is made. So just don't go to this TianAn.

Does anyone know if there is any travelling websites where people suggest good hotels and warn others off bad hotels? Please let me know. I should check some information from these sites to avoid bad experience next time I travel.
Aug 28, 2008 10:45
  • ELLYSE
TripAdvisor has plenty of hotel reviews.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Hotel in Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code