Menu
Stopover in Guangzhou
Jul 25, 2007 10:19
  • JABAROOTOO
Just a quick question for someone in Guangzhou.

I'm flying home this weekend for a month and I'm stopping over in Guangzhou to see a friend who is arrving there on Friday for the first time too so she doesn't even know where her home is.

I'd appreciate some information about the best way to get to Tian He District.

I.e What part of town is it? is it close to the Airport? Can I take the Airport shuttle downtown then get a taxi from there?

Thanks for your help.

J

Jul 25, 2007 11:21
  • JABAROOTOO
Just looking at maps now and seems to be on the north side of the city near the Guangzhou East Railway Station so should be convenient to the airport wwhich is to the north west of there.??
Jul 25, 2007 19:59
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Maybe you can tell us more detailed address? Then we can search it for you.
Jul 25, 2007 21:45
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Tian Hu is the "most" downtown of Guangzhou, so even if you dont get precise information, quite sure that you will find a bus from airport to Tianhu.
Jul 25, 2007 23:51
  • KSWONG
Tianhe or "thin hor" in Cantonese is the centre of the universe as far as GZ is concerned. There is a railway station and a bus terminal there.

From the airport there is a direct to and fro bus to Tianhe Hotel every 20 mins. They call it GZ Aiport Express. Website is http://www.jckx.cn/

The English section of the website don't seem to work (typical) but u can get the phone no. frm there.
Jul 26, 2007 00:52
  • JABAROOTOO
Thanks for the help. I actually found a shuttle site in English and I can take Line 6 which stops at the Tian He Hotel although I couldn't find it on the map.

Thanks KSWONG I'm not too concerned now.
Post a Reply to: Stopover in Guangzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code