Menu
Tainted Food In China
Jul 28, 2007 01:11
  • TIFOSAY
Hi Everybody,
I'm sure many of us have read in the newspapers and heard on the news on radio and television about the above subject.
I wonder how many of us through our travels in China have been victims of such a scam? Are the food we consume in the many cities that we visit safe for our consumption? How many years later will the toxic show in our bodies as an ailment?
When we are on holidays, it's difficult to have control over the food that we eat and especially the many different delicacies of so many Chinese cities.
I hope the Chinese Govt. would hasten the detection of such unscrupulous manufacturers and factories especially with the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing. Can you imagine the implications that will befall on China if this horrific problem is not solved?
Many countries throughout the world have now started stringent checks on Chinese products and I hope this will not be a hinderance to the booming Chinese economy.
Tien
Jul 28, 2007 20:28
  • ELLEN77
Hi, TIFOSAY, are you mean that Chinese food doesn't have a good reputation in the world?
As far as I have experienced, there is no serious problems for the food I have eaten in the outside restaurant. There maybe some unclean food in the vendors' stand and the small restaurants, but I think the tainted food is not such an issue.
Jul 29, 2007 04:04
  • APAULT
Yes there was a scandal about an unregistrered food factory and it did not meet standards. I think that most registered places do not match western hygene standards.Most restaurants here would be closed down in the west. Ifyou mean importing food..... I believe the standards are also lower in many factories but not all. I am sure staffspiton the floor, dointwash hands often in most places, also many white overalls are farfrom white.having said all this many of us choose to work here...and so far most of us are alive !
Jul 29, 2007 23:09
  • ELLEN77
Haha, Apault, there is Chinese saying here, 不干不净,吃了不会生病。(Bu4 Gan1 Bu4 JIng4, Chi1 le Bu4 Hui4 Sheng1 Bing4), that means Though not very clean, you'll not be sick when eating it.
I'm relieved after all.
Jul 30, 2007 04:14
  • TEKNOMED
It is not that we get sick immediately after eating the tainted food. Think of what the pesticide, fungicide, formaldehye, industrial chemical and dye etc do to your body after a number of years later. Authorities around the world have impose stricter tests on food imports from China.
Jul 30, 2007 05:07
Paul is right in what he has said, a lot of Chinese restaurants have been closed down in the UK because of health standards, as far as imports from China are concerned then it's not only these that comcern us but other nations aswell.
Jul 30, 2007 13:52
  • LIONPOWER
In our country, Mobile court checking hotels, food store, fruits , fish and fresh market for harmful chemical used in foods.
Jul 31, 2007 03:51
  • EVENING
China also has such 'mobile court' in many of the cities.
I believe Chinese government will solve the problem quickly, at least before 2008. : )
Post a Reply to: Tainted Food In China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code