Menu
Provisions for the Registration of Marriage Between Chinese Citizens and Foreigners
Oct 23, 2007 04:02
Hi Dragon92, congratulations on your engagement, you can declare your intention to marry at the marraige regstry office here in the UK, this will take about 3 weeks and will appear in the local press, once this has taken place you can with your Certificate of No Impediment get it ratified and translated, this will save time and in theory you can marry much sooner than the 21 days when you arrive, I don't think the marraige certificate will take that long, as other people have said they got married within hours of their application.
Good luck, I hope to be getting married myself in January so I will hopefully be able to advise you better then.
Alan
Dec 21, 2007 14:03
GUEST81232 please let me know that can foreigner also marry in china, i mean both man and woman are foreigner, and one of them is doing business in zhejinag province?

i am waiting your reply

thanks
Mar 10, 2008 11:11
GUEST19161 im a foreigner in china, studying and my girl is japanese is in possible for us to get married in china ?what are the regrment?
Dec 25, 2008 09:54
  • CHOOCHOO
OK so

Can I get a certificate of marriageability in British embassy China or do I have to get one here in UK?

I do not want to do a long expensive plane journey back to UK.
Jan 7, 2009 03:01
  • BRONNIE
The information is pretty good, thanks
Jan 7, 2009 10:33
Choochoo, I don't know if you are single or divorced, if it is the latter then you would need your decree absolute and even then it would probably have to be done in the UK, it might be worthwhile checking with the British Consulate for advice.
Alan
Jan 11, 2009 05:50
  • CHOOCHOO
Thanks
Feb 1, 2009 08:47
  • JOSHIRV57
LIONPOWER: You are still infecting,the innocent with your outdated knowledge and use of materials to promote your own intellectual witt,which is in its primary
stages of adolesence.Perhaps some credible information may be useful,but it appears on reading,you have no ideas of where or how to make the proper selections
from a variety of choices,instead choosing to select at random,what has no affect at all to answer any question adaquately.
Oct 18, 2010 15:48
  • POPPINBOY
Hi
there, I'm from Melbourne australia.
australian citizen.
On January 2011, I will be getting married in China
At the wedding registry they request a certificate of status to be notary letter certifie at the foreign affairs then to the china embassy.
I have all completed.

My question is:
As I'm from Melbourne, that certificate only shows from the state Victoria.
Would that be enought?
As my partner is concern about it, that certificate only show 1 state where i live, but doesn't show the whole of australia.

My 2nd question is:
My certificate of status is in english, do i have to get it translated in chinese.
Can the wedding registry in china accept any document already certified by the china embassy into english.

Thanks
Oct 19, 2010 11:33
  • CARLOS
Poppinboy, I would suggest your partner to check that from the marriage office. What I know and have heard there may be many different ways to handle those things in offices in China so better to ask.

Have all your documents translated in chinese. All. In China it takes only a few days especially if some money changes the owner...

Carlos
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Provisions for the Registration of Marriage Between Chinese Citizens and Foreigners
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code