Menu
First Time in Hong Kong
Aug 2, 2007 04:25
  • WDESIGN519
Hello, I am an American living and working in Germany, Im a fine art photographer.A friend is going to Hong Kong next month and asked if I would like to go with him. He is German, so his Visa requirements are different than mine.
If we are just going to be in Hong Kong and not visiting mainland China do I need to get a Visa or and health documents besides my normal US Passport? I have heard conflicting statements about this and would really appreciate some feedback from someone who knows for sure what paperwork is necessary.
Thanks in Advance,
Will

Aug 3, 2007 10:23
  • KSWONG
I am not American but here goes:
U.S. citizens can enter Hong Kong for a period of up to three months without a visa, provided they have a passport that is valid for at least one month after the period of their intended stay in Hong Kong.

Source: http://www.discoverhongkong.com/usa/plan/visa/index.jhtml

PS: I am also a travel photographer so for any other specific enquiries, feel free to buzz me.
Aug 6, 2007 01:56
  • LEEOVISA15
Please refer to the HK government website.
http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas_4.htm

Both American and German can have visa-free visits to HK for 90 days.
Aug 6, 2007 11:02
  • WDESIGN519
Many thanks to those who have given me the necessary information I needed.
Much Success,
Will
Aug 6, 2007 18:40
  • ROGERINCA
Affirmative on all the others say here Will !!

No Visa for you, only your valid passport.

Should you wish to cross the border into the mainland, you will need a PRC travel visa for each entry.

I was there last week and had a great time. I crossed over from the mainland and then back again. There is no medical exam required. They will check your body temp (auto-scan) at the POE for any fever and that is the extent of it. Have fun !!
Aug 17, 2007 17:11
  • SINOSOURCING
I am at Zhuhai , Mainland, just one hour ferry from Hongkong to Zhuhai . wecome you come to Mainland , if you want have some business in China , we can meet to talk then .If you need interpreter , we can provide you professional one . just check www.sinosourcing.cm.cn for us .
Post a Reply to: First Time in Hong Kong
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code