Menu
Pet animals, good or bad?
Aug 2, 2007 22:54
  • KATRINA
Do you love pet animals? It is not rare to see that many young fad ladies take their pet animals to walk on the street. Among the pet animals, cats and puppy dogs are very welcome. Why do they love pet animals? Some white-collar women say that animals are loyal to their masters and can help them exclude seclusion.

However, pet animals also bring some negative effect on people's daily lives. Pet animals spread some diseases and bacteria. Rabies has cause d many deaths annually in China.

Feeding pet animals is very costly. Some people argue that some pet animals raised by rich people live a better life than average people. At present, China is not an affluent country, and there are a number of people living on the edge of starvation. Why not use this money to help them out of destitution.

Pet animals, good or bad?

Aug 2, 2007 23:03
  • JIMMYB
Why not use this money to help them out of destitution? People have their freedom to do whatever they want. Remember another thread in this section? An old man spent 10000 to hold a funeral for his pet dog because he thought it was worth doing. If you want to have a pet, you can do it.
Aug 3, 2007 01:43
  • MAY001
People have their freedom to do what they want, but they should be careful before having a pet, I think. If one can not assure his/her long love to the pets, it's better to not having it. Once you have a pet, you should be responsible to it.
Aug 3, 2007 06:54
Correct May, I had cats as pets for many years, they were always looked after very well.
Aug 5, 2007 21:22
  • LEONARDO
Well, I have seen many dogs wandering in the street. They have been deserted by their owners. Perhaps, the dogs got some uncurable diseases.
Aug 5, 2007 21:48
  • GRYOKAN
No, they are not really pet/animal lovers. Some keep pets as an act to "show off" something they need - maybe ego or something else. Once their pets become ill or something like that, they would abandon them.
But seriously, I hardly come across any stray dogs/cats on streets in China. I am beginning to see more of pet dogs/cats with their proud owners around.
Aug 6, 2007 03:38
  • YVONNE
Some people raise pets to show off. Some may raise them to dispel their loneliness and take the pet as their friend. Even some raise them as her chlid. Different people raise pets on different purposes. No matter what purpose it is, remember to take care of him or her.
Feb 9, 2008 21:27
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I've had cats since I was a kid. Right now, I have two indoor cats. Both of them are vaccinated, neutered, etc. They are also getting periodical preventative deworming and anti-flea medications. ^_^
Feb 12, 2008 20:06
  • JIMMYB
My family had a black lovely doggy. Sadly, this little doggy died several days ago. My sister and I felt very sad. If you raise a pet, please take good care of them. He or she is not just a pet but a good friend.
Post a Reply to: Pet animals, good or bad?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code