Menu
American Couple coming to Foshan in August
Aug 3, 2007 12:22
  • BIGROCCO
Hello! My wife and I will be coming to Foshan at the end of the month. I have found a teaching position in the area for this coming school year. We are very excited and look forward to meeting some new people. We are from Eugene, Oregon. I look forward to your comments on things to see and do while we are here.

Aug 5, 2007 00:59
  • EVENING
Foshan? The third largest city of Guangdong Province! The hometown of ceramic art and Cantonese Opera! The manufacturing industry is well developped, you will see lots of factories there!

Why not check the city list under the 'China Guide' on this website? : )
Aug 5, 2007 06:20
  • LIONPOWER
Welcome to Foshan.
Aug 5, 2007 10:32
  • BIGROCCO
Ha Ha...all true, thank you. I have looked at the listing here and other places. Of all the forums, this guide has the most friendly people! We expect it to be a grand adventure and look forward to all of the expat challenges.
Aug 5, 2007 10:33
  • BIGROCCO
Thank you Lionpower. I read that your icon was from your company. May I ask what that is?
Aug 6, 2007 10:36
  • KSWONG
Foshan is also the birthplace of the the legendary kung fu hero Huang Fei Hung. He was depicted in movies like "Once Upon a Time in China" (Jet Li) and countless other movies. Just some trivial for u. Good luck on your new job!
Aug 10, 2007 00:16
  • BIGROCCO
Thank you KSWONG, I had heard that also. It's my understanding that there is still a great deal of martial arts going on in the area. I'm looking forward to learning some new things. I think I better stick to Tai Chi, to start with. Thanks for the luck, my Joss is usually very fortunate.
Aug 10, 2007 12:15
  • LIONPOWER
BIGROCCO,
Lion.
Aug 20, 2007 19:20
  • SPIKYFRUIT
bigrocco, i'm living in shunde! shunde is a district of foshan city. haven't figured out yet where to go, what to do (i'm still working ont he basics, like a mobile phone), but keep in touch and we'll let each other know what we find. sound good? welcome to china.
Aug 21, 2007 12:12
  • BIGROCCO
Ahoy Spikeyfruit! We are only a few days from leaving the states and can't wait. I'm sure comparing notes on culture shock will be a big help. Let me know how your hunt for a mobile phone goes. May I ask what brings you to Shunde? I'm slated to teach in Nanhai....
Aug 21, 2007 12:13
  • BIGROCCO
Yes it's Lion alright. I was curious what the company was, as in what sort of business you are in? Thanks again.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: American Couple coming to Foshan in August
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code