Menu
More than 30 people were whirled by the onrushing waves of Qiantang River!
Aug 5, 2007 04:28
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Qiantang River (Hangzhou) has been famous for its tide since the ancient time. Every year, it attracts many tourists.

Unfortunately, on August 2nd, a sudden onrushing wave whilred more than 30 tourists who were playing on the riverbank. 22 have been saved, 11 were lost and 8 corpses have been salvaged.

In fact, there are many notification hinting the danger of the tide, and a special workman reminded the tourists of the danger with a loudspeaker from time to time. All were ignored by the tourists!

It seems we always do not pay attention to the safe notification until some accidents happen!

Tragedy!

Aug 5, 2007 04:36
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Extremely sad relatives of the dead

Aug 5, 2007 04:39
  • MIRANDAZHAO
The safety notification says:'Qiangtangjiang Tide is dangerous, safety always comes first'.

Aug 5, 2007 19:53
  • TRAVELDREAM
The Qiantang River is taking away people's life every year. :((
Aug 5, 2007 20:08
  • MAY001
Yes. It's so sad to see that many people died due to swimming in the rivers/lakes/ponds every year.
Aug 6, 2007 21:53
  • FRANKENSTEIN
Who should be blamed for? Did those visitors notice the notes? If not, that is their own fault. When appreciating the grand scene of the Qiantang River, do remember that your safety is the most important.
Aug 7, 2007 03:31
  • EVENING
When I saw the news on TV, I was so sad, especially on seeing the crying parents! It is said there were some little kids and a university student among the dead.
Aug 7, 2007 10:40
People are always careless where water is concerned, I come from a seaside town in Somerset and I have lost count of how many people have drowned because they ignored the warning signs.
Very sad indeed.
Post a Reply to: More than 30 people were whirled by the onrushing waves of Qiantang River!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code