Menu
Fees for China Visa changed
Aug 5, 2007 21:02
  • HEIDI
It is reported that, as of August. 1, 2007, US citizens applying for the visa to China will pay $100 to the China Embassy or Consulate in the US. No matter applying for a 6 month one entry visa, 6 month multi-entry visa, or 24 month multi-entry one, the fee is the same. There is no change for Non-US citizens.

The original fees are:
6 month one entry 50 US dollars
6 month two-time entry 75 US dollars
6 month multi-entry 100 US dollars
12 month multi-entry 150 US dollars
24 month multi-entry 150 US dollars

Maybe it is good news to those US citizens who likes to travel China many times in a year. And also bad news for those only travel China one time per year.

How do you think the change?
Aug 5, 2007 21:50
  • ROGERINCA
Yes, I was aware of this change when it was posted on the PRC San Francisco Consulate website, last month. This is a good thread to remind others of this change.

I had already purchased my one year unlimited entry travel visa two months before.

For me, it is a small price to pay to be able to visit beautiful China any time I wish !! :) :)

I like the peace of mind having a longer term multiple entry visa, so I can travel on short notice if necessary.

As I will speak to in another thread, I just returned to the USA three days ago after three wonderful weeks in the PRC. I will return again next month (mid-September) to celebrate my Lao Po's birthday.

After she and our daughter arrive here in California near the first of the year (USCIS K-3/4 visa process completed) we will still return to China once or twice each year.

After our children are older, the plan is to spend half the year in China and half here in California.
Aug 5, 2007 23:11
  • APAULT
If all fees are the same, surely everyone will apply for the 24 month multiple entry, won't they?
Aug 6, 2007 01:11
  • HEIDI
Ha, Paul, It is said that the 24 month multiple entry one is difficult to apply for the common US citizens. It is limited to some famous and special scholars only.

I noticed that uschinavisa.com suggested 6 month two-time entry one to be the best and most practical choice for most people. Is it because there is no change for it compared to the original price ?
Post a Reply to: Fees for China Visa changed
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code