Menu
Another China Visit Completed
Aug 5, 2007 22:23
  • ROGERINCA
Hello all !!

I just returned from my latest three week trip to visit Southern China.

Every visit to the PRC is always better than the one previous !!

I flew out of LAX on China Southern Airlines and was met at the beautiful new Baiyun Airport by my Lao Po and daughter. She was accompanied by her brother and sister who have a large car to accommodate the bags. We drove to her home about 20 minutes from the new international airport. I dumped my large bags and we headed for our favorite restaurant so I could get my immediate 'fix' of authentic Cantonese cuisine !!

After a couple of days to catch up on sleep (I never can sleep at 40,000 ft) we took the fast train from Guangzhou to Hong Kong, and then spent two days at the Hong Kong Disneyland on Landau Island. My daughter really enjoyed it; even though it was very crowded (just like the one in Los Angeles) and the sun was very intense in the clear Hong Kong sky.

While I thought Hong Kong was beautiful and worth the visit, I really missed the mainland China I know, love and have comfort with !! I was happy to take the train back to Guangzhou on day three.

Another highlight for me was a day trip to a farm outside of Huadu, where they grow acres of Lychee. They were very ripe and very large and very red, when we picked two or three boxes of them. We then spent several days driving around the Guangdong countryside. It is so beautiful. I just love Southern China.

We also made several trips into Guangzhou city to shop and go to restaurants. The Tee Mall is still one of my favorites. It is so large and has so much to see. We even took in a movie at the multi screen theatre in the mall. I stuffed myself on fresh seafood each day, and only once felt the need for a big USA beef steak.

I will return again in just six weeks for my Lao Po’s birthday. My life has been forever changed by beautiful China and Lao Po.
Aug 5, 2007 23:20
  • ELLEN77
It is so nice to see you again Roger! I think it must be very hot in the southern china.
Aug 6, 2007 04:35
  • EVENING
Frankly speaking, wherever you go, as long as you are together with the person you love most, you will feel lucky and happy.

Roger, you are so lucky to find your Lao Po and fell in love with China!
Aug 6, 2007 18:29
  • ROGERINCA
Thank you Ellen !!

Yes, as you can imagine, it is very hot and quite humid in Southern China this time of year. We had a few brief rain storms with some wind, which cooled things down for a few hours on a few of the days.

You must remember, the hotels are air conditioned and so are the restaurants and most large shopping malls. So other than outside picking Lychee, it was not a problem. I really like the very warm weather and do not like to be cold. :)
Aug 6, 2007 18:33
  • ROGERINCA
And yes, Evening......

I am very lucky to have the most wonderful woman, who happens to be from China in my life. I appreciate her every hour of the day and she is never away from my mind.

Her understanding of China and its culture has helped me greatly with my own understanding of China.

She is so elegant an so intelligent, I am truly blessed to have her in my life. Thank you !!
Aug 6, 2007 19:51
  • SUSAN205060
Hi,ROGERINCA ,

China has so many provinces & we believe you can find surprise every time!!

Enjoy your trip always!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060

Aug 6, 2007 20:50
  • MAY001
Ha, welcome back Roger! Your words are always sunny and joyful. Great to hear from you again.
Post a Reply to: Another China Visit Completed
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code