Menu
UK imports new armored vehicles
Aug 5, 2007 22:59
  • FRANKENSTEIN
The has-been military power UK lags behind during the fierce competition of military arms. In order to modernize his arms, UK imports from his EU allies: Germany, France and Holland.

" Boxer" Armored Vehicle is jointly made by Germany and Holland .

Aug 5, 2007 23:02
  • FRANKENSTEIN
VBCI Armored Vehicle made by a French company

Aug 5, 2007 23:05
  • FRANKENSTEIN
IIIC8x8 Armored Vehicle

Aug 6, 2007 03:23
"The has-been military power UK" ...... ouch!
Aug 6, 2007 05:46
That's what I thought Mike, maybe if our goverment had invested more I might still be working for Westlands.
Aug 6, 2007 06:24
  • DODGER
Franky,
so who did win WW2. The Dutch ran and the Germans lost and the "has beens" stood firm against the World untill the Yanks decided they had better come in so they could collect their money.
And the World speaks or is trying to speak English.
Dodger.
Aug 7, 2007 01:30
  • KATRINA
Well, it seems that some of you are still lived in the shadow of the UK's former glory. However, it is undeniable that UK has lost his halo. Either in military or economy, UK is being overshadowed by US, even by its counterparts in EU like Germany and France.
Aug 7, 2007 07:04
  • DODGER
Katrina,
I do not live in former glory but do live in the thought that England did bring some sort of culture to the World in many differant ways...far too much to speak of in this forum.
if you read the historty of the UK you will read that it has only tried to influence the balance of power between the other powers like Germany and France.
And they they did end up killing each other in great numbers.
Dodger.
Aug 7, 2007 07:27
Sorry Katrina,

It is just that we Brit's are very proud of our armed forces, and of the work that they do around the world as well as at home. As a nation we have seldom provided our forces with the financial support they deserve, but that just makes their achievements, past and present, all the more praiseworthy.

I am sure all other nations, including especially China, feel proud of their own armed forces, so please tread carefully when making claims like 'UK has lost its halo' or risk refering to UK forces being 'over-shadowed'.

Frankenstein rather aggressively opened his thread with the assertion that the UK was a 'has-been' military power, which was bound to draw response, but in fact the point he was making referred to the Defense Manufacturing base of the UK vs the rest of the world, where there has been a significant undermining of UK's past strength, caused by the policy of successive governments over decades, as indicated by Alan's comment wrt Westlands.

Despite the history of government neglect, the industrial capability of the UK in Defence Manufacturing remains substantial, and balancing the examples given by Frankenstein of non-UK made Amoured Vehicles being considered for import, there are many more examples of products where the UK is being successful in exporting leading-edge defence equipment to allies and friendly nations.

Yours Respectfully,

Mike
Aug 7, 2007 10:22
Well put Mike, I was trying not to bite at the " has been " military power.
The world would be a lot worse without the British Armies efforts despite the under funding and the troops often having to buying their own kit.
Alan
Aug 12, 2007 22:13
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Well, I agree with Frank and Katrina. UK is a washed-out military power. Since the fall of British Empire, Britain has been left behind. Its economy is almost in the doldrums. Military budget is shrinking.
In dealing with foreign relations, UK follows US' lead. I regret for saying so, but I have to. It is out of my conscience.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: UK imports new armored vehicles
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code