Menu
Tour guide in GL
Aug 7, 2007 08:08
  • DEANNA
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 1 vote(s)
  2. 9 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Check my information if you are interested in the title i put.
Aug 7, 2007 20:59
  • WINDENERGY
Sorry, Deanna, I'm not up on Chinese acronyms. What is GL? It's not Guangzhou...so why don't you be more specific?

__WINDENERGY__
Aug 7, 2007 22:58
  • DEANNA
hehe it is guilin
Aug 8, 2007 09:21
  • WINDENERGY
Deanna,

Okay...Guilin, in Guangxi province. Population about 1 and a half million people along the shores of Li Jiang. Can you tell me about the local dialect there? Because it is in southern China, do most people speak Mandarin or Cantonese? What is the local dialect (Guilinhua?). I bet you the local dialect is difficult and different than PuTongHua...am I right?

How is the economy there? I have read that Guilin is noted for its' scenery, it looks like there are many pretty places there to visit. Which one is you favorite? Why? If I traveled to Guilin, would I be glad that I made the adventure?

Looking forward to your reply.

__WINDENERGY__
Aug 8, 2007 09:36
  • TBRILEY
Hey, well i think i can help u out abit because im really bored right now.
I have been living in guilin for over 6 months teaching english here.
The main language spoken in guilin is Mandarin, If you venture down south further to Nanning then people do start to speak some cantonese but in Guilin its Mandarin, There is also local Guilin dialect but most people will speak mandarin to foreigners. Although I have found that when people speak to me in Guilinhua i can generally decipher what they are trying to tell me.

Guilin is noted for its scenery and if you enjoy karst hills and fresh air then come down here or to Yangshuo, Both of them offer beautiful scenery.
Yes Guilin is very small so i don't advise planning a long stay here unless you really have something to do, there is a bit of nightlife but all ends around 3am, and if you come here and feel like western food, i advise going to Little Italian, not alot of foreigners know it too well but the food is great, especially the pizza. But there is also some excellent restruants and i advise you to try the local Guilin hotpot.
Post a Reply to: Tour guide in GL
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code