Menu
<Photo Guessing> August 10th
Aug 9, 2007 21:26
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Hint: It is a lake in northwest China.

Dear all,

We are sorry for uploading today's photo so late because there is something wrong with our server. Now the problem has been solved. Just come and join the competition and win a prize for yourself!!

Yours,
Christine

Aug 9, 2007 21:42
  • WINDENERGY
This photo is perhaps of a place that I have been to in Washington State. However, since it was taken in China, I am going to say that this is Samyram lake located in the Tianshan mountains of Xinjiang province. More information on Samyram Lake (also called 'Santai Haizi') can be found @
www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/xinjiang/ili/sayram_lake.htm

__WINDENERGY__
Aug 10, 2007 02:41
  • YVONNE
From the photo, I guess that it must be an alpine lake. Usually, these lakes are located in Xinjiang. Maybe it is Bosten Lake.
Aug 10, 2007 03:28
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Maybe Kanas?
Aug 10, 2007 20:39
  • FAERIEQUEENE
No, my guess is Tianchi, the Heavenly Lake, amidst Tianshan ranges, in the Xinjiang Ugyur Autonomous Region

=> http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/xinjiang/urumqi/tianchi.htm

Though I have just visited not too long ago those various lakes in Xinjiang, it's not easy to tell because views vary a good deal at the mercy of the weather on a particular day.... My guess is based on the blueness of the waters, some alpine vegetations and the closeness of the snow mountains to the water level. Unfortunately I still cannot retrieve my photos taken in my last trip in a dead harddisk, so cant show my pictures of Tianchi...
Aug 13, 2007 02:27
  • MAY001
I agree with FAERIEQUEENE since Tianchi is the most popular lake of Xinjiang. LOL
Aug 16, 2007 20:08
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear all,

The Photo Guessing of August 10th is finished. The first member who gave the correct name and the URL of the article in our website is FAERIEQUEENE.

Congratulations to her.

Sincerely,
Christine
Post a Reply to: <Photo Guessing> August 10th
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code